Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 Mississippi Classic, (MS Section Champ.)

I apologize for not getting this up sooner. I'm told we have 120+ entries so far and we're still two weeks away (we have had around 130 or more for the last 5 years or so). Cash, plaques, and random draw prize table. We can handle up to 175 shooters, so get those apps in! Our goal is to make this the biggest and best ever. Ask someone that's been to this match before if you have any doubts.

If you have any questions, please email us at MSClassic@TeamMagnolia.Com

More information and an application is available here:

MS Classic Info and App.

(Applications also available in the most recent Front Sight)

Thanks, and I hope to see some of you there.

Bryant

Folks, I have been talking with John down in Jackson MS.

He says there are 112 shooters sighned up.

Bryant and John put on a great match last year and I can only expect as good or better from these two guys as they are really dedicated.

If you like lots of shooting and a good variety this is the match you need to be at, last year I shot Limited and had a BLAST the stages were set up so folks with differing skills could stilll shoot them but not give any skillset an advantage over another.

Any Revolver shooters out there that might make the match, there are only 6 signed up lets get the numbers up at the matches.

I will be shooting Friday, and RO ing Saturday and Sunday any and all introduce yourselves, with both names.

Sam Keen / Hopalong

Sam will be working Stage 8 "Hoser Heaven". I'll be putting the stage descriptions and everything else on the web probably Monday of next week. Don't want anyone trying to "practice" the stages before the match. ;) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday at the checkin.

John

Reneet,

You talk Kay and Jerry into the match?

I shot with them at Area - 3 and really enjoyed their company, good FOLKS besides that they can shoot too.

SAM

Good suggestion. I have been searching for someone to split expenses with. I just called Kay to see if she'd go with me. Unfortunately, she has a concealed carry class that weekend.

I'll be downloading the new Winscore update as soon as the match is over with. I'm sure that everything works great in the new version and I can't wait to get my hands on a real tactical rifle scoring program but I've got 120 competitors entered and squadded using the 2.20 version and I'm scared to monkey w/ that right now.

The 2004 Classic will be run under the 14th ed. rules because, as of right now, the new books haven't been delivered. Also, I don't want to have any problems w/ competitors coming to the match not being fully up on the new rules. I'm sure we'll switch before next year's match but this way everyone will be operating under the same understood guidelines.

I'm not sure about using an 03 classifier because I don't know how/if the new HHF"s have been calculated yet. I did give it some thought but, w/ everything else going on, that's just one more potential controversy I can avoid by going w/ a 99 classifier.

We also put in for Tournament status (under the old rules) for this year's match so all stages had to be submitted to NROI weeks ago for approval.

Stages, squads, etc. will be posted on Monday, Oct. 4th.

I'm starting to get excited about the match now that I finally see all the parts coming together. We've gotten some new sponsors, it's looking like record attendance, and the stages look like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see everyone there.

John

Ok folks, the stages are out. It's a little late for major changes to them but if you see any weaknesses, please e-mail me directly and let me know. We start setting them up on Wednesday so I need to know.

You can find the stages at

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/

and you can e-mail me directly at

john@teammagnolia.com

Everything is looking really good for this year's match. We're looking at around 145-150 competitors, some creative stages, and some interesting additions to the prize table. Let's just hope the weather holds. Right now it's predicted as scattered showers, highs in the low 70's. It's not too late to send in your entry.

Hope to see everyone there.

John

You talk Kay and Jerry into the match?

I shot with them at Area - 3 and really enjoyed their company, good FOLKS besides that they can shoot too.

Just heard this afternoon that Kay and Jerry have decided to attend

Reneet

Good for them, looking forward to seeing them again. :)

Matt, Too bad you are there as I am going down by myself but will be going a day early to shoot on Friday so I can give you some kind of Procedural Saturday when you come through and shoot stage 8. :lol:

See everyone there, drive carefully.

Hopalong

Tell RB to suck it up be a good CHEERLEADER and take you to Jackson to shoot. :D

AS IF I need him to take me anywhere - pffft!

The issue guys, is ammo - as in, I have none! Anybody care to load me up 250 rounds :) Oh yeah, and pay my entry fee? Oh yeah, and pay for the gas? Oh yeah, and pay for a place to sleep?