Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more railway or slide ride ?

Nimitz

The Bearcave mount from taccom3g gets the Cmore about a half inch lower than the Alchin. Both mounts are top quality and wouldn't hesitate to use either. I just like how low the Bearcave mount puts it. If you already have the Alchin mount, go with it. As for which Cmore to get, slideride or rail mount, i would go with the rail mount and remove the rail. Sometime down the road you might want to mount it on something with a picatinney base. Got to love those options.

Dwight

• 2 weeks later...

John makes a good mount for the Browning.....but if you want the absolute lowest mount for your Browning, Barry's out of Bearcave makes the lowest one period.

There are actually 3 styles.....one for the Ruger's, one for the Browning and a universal.

The universal is very robust and will work with the C'MORE railway, allowing you to mount to any rail at 90 degrees. I've had people buy the univesal and mount it to John's mount as well when they decided that they wanted their C'more even lower.

Yes, I do carry the Bearcave mount's....but you don't have to buy them from me. I carry them because they are the best I've seen for rimfire steel. You can go directly to Barry and buy them.....Midway and Dillon also carry them.

Tim