Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 226

doulos

You can't use a SIG 9mm barrel in a 40 slide. You can use a Bar-Sto 9mm conversion barrel with the wider breech face in the 40 slide. I have thousands of rounds through a 9mm Bar-Sto barrel fitted to a SIG 40 cal slide and running on what was originally purchased as a Classic 22 frame. I put an LPA adjustable rear sight on the slide so that I could quickly set up the sight for whatever barrel I have installed. Truth is, I shoot mostly 9mm in this slide/frame now.

Joe

You can, however, use a COMPLETE UPPER in .40s&w, .357sig, and 9mm on the P226 frame of any of those 3 calibers. The P226 uses the ssme frame for all 3 calibers. Sig sells complete uppers called their "X-Change" kits.

Sure wish you could run all 3 calibers in one frame and slide.. that would be totally awesome. I would be even more of a Sig fan if that were the case!!

You can. I do. 40 slide + 40 barrel + 357 Sig barrel + 9mm Bar-Sto conversion barrel. No problem. LPA adjustable sight, 2 different recoil springs 2 different magazines, 3 calibers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...