Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Warfield over at Cnccookbook.com just made this available as a pdf. It was amazingly informative for me when I discovered it.

It's been on his website for a long time, but pretty cool you can take it with you. He will try to sell you his software as he talks about machining. I love his speed and feed software, the simulator not so much.

Gotta love free stuff :)

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCBasicGCodePDFDownload.html?mc_cid=80d2decdda&mc_eid=2da2547db6

I have a question, does anyone here have experience with a trubor barrel blank for a comp?

Once the ports are cut, do I still need to ream the comp to the barrel or the fact that it was all cut one piece, does it not need the cutting?

I have a question, does anyone here have experience with a trubor barrel blank for a comp?

Once the ports are cut, do I still need to ream the comp to the barrel or the fact that it was all cut one piece, does it not need the cutting?

YES......

post-24727-0-59157000-1451447060_thumb.j

post-24727-0-74948300-1451447079_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a bit. I've been busy. Lots and lots to learn! Very big learning curve...

Here's what I have been up to.321d972821c54fe9aa5a66965819cf4a.jpgd35d98061d83bc0bc8dd2a78ba8daa8b.jpg6ec6dd92d7175c52d2ccc986f9ecf9dc.jpgd8c9ba8d24252c178c200b8e7af01399.jpg070bf9fbd7e6f51567cc80650061e021.jpg

Finally got the cage up. Lights the work space up the the 4th of july. It's great!

I have wanted one of these for years... one day one of these is going to melt my credit card.

It's really fun. Cage took a bit longer to get up then I thought. It was sitting in pieces in my garage for months and some had slightly warped. I figured 2 hour job. Took my wife and I 7 hours. I think if she wasn't under 5 feet tall it may have gone quicker? Lol o well. The 440 seems to be doing a great job. Seeing the videos of it. That seems to be much more economical as well.

Gasless MIGs are a mess. You get too much splatter and weld beads that are way to thick. Very hard to control your welds. Alot of grinding to get the welds to look nice compared to what a gas MIG will do. Why not just build a bolt together table if you don't have a good MIG or have someone that will weld it for you?

Gasless MIGs are a mess. You get too much splatter and weld beads that are way to thick. Very hard to control your welds. Alot of grinding to get the welds to look nice compared to what a gas MIG will do. Why not just build a bolt together table if you don't have a good MIG or have someone that will weld it for you?

Not as sturdy I don't feel

• 1 month later...

Could you post a link? I am NOT an expert by any means, but I think my cheap diy 3D printer helped me learn cad the most. I do not come from a computer background at all. Being able to design something and print out the results solidified things in my mind.