Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

Wagonburner, on 30 Jun 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

You mean two Dillion's in the family room,and she wonders why I run out of the back door when she vacuums the dropped primers.That makes her special? Shot the all classifier at Ben Avery this am about 106 degrees,there was about 40 other shooting enthusiasts with questionable intellect enjoying the Sonoran balmy weather.

finally glad to hear I'm not the only one.....blew the primer, blew the dust in the bag up.

no smiles for quite a while

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not slide mounting it I am putting it on the Cheeley mount so it will ride on the frame. On my 90 degree mount cmore I did not give it the 1 degree but since the RTS is an upright mount I am assuming that I will need the 1 degree kant on the mount.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Need some input... I finally got around to messing with squaring the mill up tonight... I've got it to .00025" difference in the y direction (4.7") and .0015" in the x direction (18"). All measurements are from the spindle. Should I keep messing with it? I'm staring to drive myself nuts...

I had a productive weekend and was able to get this bad boy Tri-Topped!

I had to modify my slide jig so I could use it with the barrel in it. Cut a 3/8 channel being carful not to cut through and remove all of the locking bolts threads. It worked perfectly! It was a challenge getting the speed and feed right considering I was cutting 4140 carbon, 416 stainless and Ti in each pass. Need to clean up the machine marks and then I will post a better pic of the slide.

jig.jpg

flat.jpg

tri.jpg

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Yea, I'm convinced you are getting a pretty good grasp of all things CNCed on a 1911/2011 fo-sho. Keep the pics rolling we all enjoy your work. Im interested in this but the next one on the list is the one I'm looking foward to the most. 6" tracker

Edited by a matt

Finished the Tri-topping . I am still not completely sure of the other cuts I would like to do and there is a lot left to do on the slide so I did not get carried away with the blending. But it's looking good.

Oh yeah, Ti is tricky!

tri1.jpg

tri2.jpg

tri3.jpg

Edited by StraightUp_OG

@ donnyglock - For sure! I still have a few chatter marks at the end of the comp that should disappear with blasting.

@ a matt - Thanks man! I am really happy with how things are going. I need to come up with something tasty for the rest of the cosmetics and I am really tying to make it my own. I have looked at all of the great work that the Rockstar Smiths are doing and it is not easy to come up with something that won't be contrived or derivative.

Edited by StraightUp_OG