Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack mag pouches help which ones?

mike's m&p

I know its been discussed before, here's the thing. I'm a skinny guy waist size 31" not alot of room on the belt. I'm thinking the double mag pouch will take up to much room and grabbing mags not in good position. Would I be better off with single mag pouches and how many single stack division. Any brands recommened. Also whats the the difference between the safariland 771 and 773. Just getting started in ss ordered a sti trojan .40, got my mags already. Proloy getting bladetech doh holster and take do off. Need input from guys who are like me lacking in the space around the waist on what works for them. As always thanks guys for helping

First 771's are taller and are split down the front. The 773's are shorter without the split. I prefer the 771's for single stack. I have 5 on my belt and I'm probably going to add another. Not much of a difference whether you get single mag pouches or doubles. If I'm not mistaken, the drop/offset attachment is one "thing". I have the stingray attachment and built a spacer to offset the holster (still within the rules). I'm not that large, but my last mag pouch is just about at my spine. No problem reaching it.

I'm running the BT in the Stingray config (no drop offset) too and I'm running three CR Speed doubles with cut/modified hangers so that they can fit closer together on the belt. This gives me six on the belt and one in the gun to start.

Not sure about the Safariland gear, but I think it's the position of the rollers/pinch screws.

I'm looking at the new DAA SS carriers. The mounting brackets are reasonably narrow and make the most of limited belt real estate.

Would the DAA Single Stack Racers work?

http://www.ceddaa.co...acer-pouch.html

This is what i was thinking of. I do not have the limited belt size you do, I will run out of money and magazines before i run out of belt.

Tom

That's part of the reason I run 771's. They're about 1/2 the price of the DAA pouch on sale. Besides, I like the 771's better :)

Bladetech has a revolution pack holster, double mag pouch for $49.99. And they have an IDPA package holster and double mag pouch for $89.99. Any thoughts. Might consider this and a couple single pouches, as I have a limited waist and wallet now. Between buying guns mags reloading gear still need another belt ughhh

I'm also small, and I use a Blade-Tech SRB (DOH removed) and 5 CR Speed single pouches just fine. Super fast and smooth, I love them. Get the spacers from Sean at Power Factor.

Edited by polizei1

Those DAA are bad azz & they do cost more and work great! I have been using the DAA and I'm very pleased with them, epically for use double stack . You can turn the DAA so the are set up skinny on the ends, they take up about 1/2 the room on your waist. If you get the double stack pouch u can add inserts or get the SS only design, you won't be disappointed with DAA..

Edited by a matt

Just bought some used bladetech pro series single stack mag pouches for $20.00 each. The guy I shoot with only used them twice. He is going with DAA ones, as they are a little father out for his rolls he says. I couldn't pass up the deal half off and they got they tech lok on them.