Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

US nationals shootoff winners

Dave in Production

Patrick Sweeney in Wheelgun

TGO in Limited

Max in Open

BTW, Ron Francisco beat Eric Grauffel in the very first round of Open, which is single elimination.

I will have video of the shootoffs, as well as interviews with Travis and TGO on andersonshooting.com in a few days!

SA

"At the EC he was just partying untill dawn and came to the shootoff with bloodshot eyes and a bad hangover, LOL. "

Yes, i still remember him from that morning and he didn't look fitter then me after a 2 hours sleep.

Damn Spook, i wanted to see you win but you also was first eliminated in the shootof. I could have been in my bed that morning.

Well, when you have had the mean course, you are allowed to skip the dessert ;-)

Adrie

Yeah he lost the shootoff at the EC2004 too. It looks like he really doesn't care about shootoffs anymore. At the EC he was just partying untill dawn and came to the shootoff with bloodshot eyes and a bad hangover, LOL.

Now I understand about that "last night's partying" reply he gave in his forum. :lol:

Well, I think we'll all have to congratulate Patrick for his success at the shoot off.

Well done Pat 

Holy crap! I didn't even see that! I just assumed that Jerry would take the shootoff in Revolver. Well done Patrick!!! How did you do it?

Sevigny.

EG wasn't in an "I don't care" mode for the shoot-offs...he just got beat.  He ran it clean.  So did Ron F...just faster.

All thruth...

If you win the shoot-off you are faster. :D

If you win the match your the better shooter ;)

If you win each match, well.... you have to prove your human :lol:

Pat, congrats!

Greetings

Adrie

The shootoof was simple: six poppers. Which meant for us, if you missed you lost, unless the other guy also missed, and then it was a reloading race. Dillard went up against Jerry on the first bout, and Jerry missed. While Jerry was doing one of his super-fast reloads, Dillard, who hadn't missed, finished dropping his poppers. Single elimination, sit down Mr. Miculek.

I went against Cliff Walsh, both of us went clean, and my popper went down first. We hit at the same time, so mine went first because I was shooting facotry ammo, Black Hills 230, with a 194.2 PF.

Then I beat Dillard due to my superior reloading ability. (i.e., I missed, he missed, I beat him on the reloads.)

Then they had me go up against Dave Sevigny. (who thinks of this stuff?) So Dave kindly offers to load six rounds in his Glock to start, so if he misses he also has to reload. I shoot and miss, and as I do my reload I see Dave's stop popper go down. I finish reloading and drop the poppers (more for practice than anything) wondering why the crowd isn't applauding. When I drop my stop popper, the RO announces my win. Dave had faulted.

He then made it up by pounding me into the ground like a post for the next two runs.

In all, a blast.

Thanks for the add Flex.

After Ron smoked Eric, he went on to the next round to take out Matt Burkett. Then in the semi's he had JJ beat to the stop plate, and only put one round on it. JJ put alot on it when he caught up, and beat it down. Experience paid off.....

The Rocket tore up the shoot-offs with pure speed on the steel, and super fast reloads. Eric was the man for the match, but make sure to give credit where credit is due.

As for me, Chris got me in round one. I quess a 2 sec draw wont win many shoot-offs. :wacko::wacko:

I'll be back next year......

TGun

Nobody's mentioned the ladies shoot offs yet and since some of us did get there at 9 in the morning to watch ...

CARINA RANDOLPH won Iron Sights (Limited followed by Limited vs Production)

SHERYL CRUZ won Open ... and displayed far more emotion about it than *anyone* in the other contests, shrieking and jumping in the air before remembering to holster her gun :P

Kevin

I've never been in a shootoff. I'm curious if the same match ammo are being used or do you get to use the ones that are loaded at a lower PF? Thanks.

That could be a strategy. I wouldn't be my strategy on stuff that has to fall to win, but you could do it.

On Reload Standards, some of us tried going for the reload. But with only five seconds, only Jerry had a chance to actually rack up extra points. Most who tried to reload were lucky to make enough extra shots to make up for the sloppy hits they got on the first run. I would have been better off treating it as a bunch of PPC strings, and just punched A hits with three shots per.

USPSA nats Shootoffs are almost always 1st to knock down crossing popper. Within the last couple of years there was at least one steel that you just had to ring to score. Light loads at USPSA Nationals shootoffs are never a good idea.

The last run between Sheryl and Lisa was awesome. Their crossing poppers actually hit on the way down and Sheryl won because she triple tapped it driving it to the bottom 1st.