Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you like your Tactical Sport?

G34 CORDY

Hello all, Iam in the market for another limited gun lol and love my Shadow Custom so I figured the TS would be a good fit. I never shot one so I wanted to ask you all how do you like it compared to a S_I type. If I do buy the TS it will get the Custom Shop treatment. I don't see any at our matches so is it just that underrated?

I shoot one in 3-gun. Eats anything,holds 20 easy with cz custom basepads and very accurate. I had the frame and slide lightend and sanded the stippling off the grip to take a little weight off the gun. Its a little heavier than the STI but shoots just as well.

I really, really like mine. I have shot full on custom 2011s and prefer this platform, as with everything though, YMMV. Corey just picked one up and was doing one hole groups at 25Y. I think that will work for our game. LOL Just shot mine today. (don't blame the gun for my shooting skills) Edited to add CZC mags now are 21 reloadable.

Edited by Neomet

The grip shape (after I had the checkering taken off), the balance of an all steel gun, stock 1.5lb trigger, recoil impulse. Replace springs on a normal basis and it is dead nuts reliable. Also I do confess to liking to use the load less traveled.

I also like a all steel gun and recoil of my Shadow is awesome. I also again try to use or like something different from the crowd. 1.5lb trigger sounds good to me, I will probley have the Custom Shop do a trigger job if needed and a flat trigger. Does the TS like factory length ammo or longer like a S_I?

i love mine in 40S&W...a true tack driver at 25 yards.

it eats anything and he's dead accurate .

it,s a heavy gun, mine is bone stock.

apart of the slide stop breaking on me once , which isn't so big of a deal, it's very reliable .

i've changed the sights for lpa's adjustable, and the idea of mcgarr mags made his way, the factory hybrid coming with the gun are a pile of crapp.

i like the balance of that gun, mine is a 40, but the recoil is barely felt, although i use recoil buffers in it since i don't take it for the matches yet .the heavy muzzle makes for very fast target reaquisition/follow shots.

the only reason i don't use it at the matches is because i'm already commited with glocks both in prodution and limited ; but i play with the idea of getting another TS in 40 as back up ,so i could use the one i already owns next year in limited.

i'm a CZ and glock fan boy LOL...

this said, i love my TS much more than my shadow. the TS is a dream to shoot even in stock trim, trigger is one of the best prodie trigger i've ever had....i just have praises about that gun as long as you like them on the heavy side .

oh! and i load mine at 1.135 aol since any longer would give me feeding problems because of the mags.

Edited by sigsauerfan

Factory length is mandatory. You can't go beyond 1.135-1.140 as longer will not fit in the mags.

edited to add... good point on the slide stop. I've never broken one in over 60K rounds but I replace them once a year and also have one that I use for practice and local matches and one that I just use for majors. Still, like I said I've never broken one.

Edited by Neomet

Sounds great guys! I will order one tomorrow from CZ Custom stock but will upgrade as I play around with it and see what I like or don't like.

Why don't more people shoot these guns if they are so great? I like my Glocks own a 34 and 35 but love my Shadow Custom. It seems the CZ's are a well kept secret.

Edited by G34 CORDY

Some of it is personal preference. It is a heavy gun. Some of it is that there aren't many out there and few people are inclined to take the cost risk on a limited setup they have never touched or shot. Not a ton of aftermarket parts or tuners like for the S_I. Also in the US almost everyone shoots a S_I so there is some follow the herd. You see more of the TS in Europe than here.

I've used one for the last three years. It's a great gun. Mine is very accurate and reliable. I opted for it over the S_I guns because I was able to get a full rig including 6 mags for the price of the S_I gun alone. It balances nicely. You will have to keep a check on springs and slide stops. I've broken two slide stops since I had the gun. I I also had a bad barrel and had to have it replaced CZ Custom did a nice job on the barrel. I had Shay at Akai Custom Guns do a grip reduction for me. The TS is a much better fit with the factory checkering gone. I have large hands and even with the grip reduced it's still a good fit. It feels a lot more like a single stack 1911 now.

The only thing that worries me about the TS is breaking parts. I have heard the TS don't hold up as well as a S_I breaking slide stops and barrels from a very reliable source. I have a appointment with Brandon at SVI on Tuesday to checkout the shop and if everything goes good I might have him build me a gun. If not I will order a TS. I would love to have both.

I really love mine Cordy, I recently had some cuts made in the slide and added a slide racker:

IMG_20130112_183529_456_zps9498b96c.jpg

I had some trouble in the beginning with the factory recoil buffers, but the FTEs went with the buffs! I'm probably over a thousand rounds without a malfunction. Hey, is that a TS fixed rear sight on your Shadow?

I really love mine Cordy, I recently had some cuts made in the slide and added a slide racker:

IMG_20130112_183529_456_zps9498b96c.jpg

I had some trouble in the beginning with the factory recoil buffers, but the FTEs went with the buffs! I'm probably over a thousand rounds without a malfunction. Hey, is that a TS fixed rear sight on your Shadow?

It is the fixed sight that came on it from the CZ Custom Shop.

I think the TS is a steal. No stupid mag tuning drama. I found one a week after I purchased by my first 2011. If I wouldn't have bought the 2011, I would be shooting the TS. I told my roommate about it and he grabbed it. It's an awesome gun for the cost.

I have spent time with both. Grab a TS like I told you in your other thread awhile ago. I love my 2011, but would have no problem giving up a 2011 for a TS. I have spent too much money on mag tubes and bare 2011 frames to switch at this point.

It is the fixed sight that came on it from the CZ Custom Shop.

Very cool, I'm a big fan of using the fixed rear as a slide racker and would still be doing so today, but I put the long racker on to keep the muzzle from tipping up on table starts once I add the thumbrest.

I find that my TS is dead on accurate! It's a little hefty but it's a sturdy system to use regularly and for the price difference between a TS and a S_I platform you could by several slide stops and barrels. One last thing....the trigger is perfect out of the box too.

What is the trigger weight factory and with a CZ Custom trigger job?

Out of the box mine was 1lb, 12oz; I did some polishing myself and got it down to 1lb, 8oz. After I installed the race hammer, I expirimented with hammersprings ranging from 7.5# (1lb, 1oz) to 18# (1lb, 10oz) and actually settled on the 18#; the trigger pull is nice and crisp, it seems less mushy and slow than with a light spring. The biggest difference between the race hammer and the stock is the travel, I set my pre travel and over travel screws as tight as I could with the stock hammer, then installed the race hammer and there was a ton of slack on both sides. Once I dialed the screws in again, it really kicks ass! A GM at my range who shoots a 2011 played with it and complemented me on the great trigger.