Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double "ZAP" Championship 2013 - Men in Black

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Back, from Outer Space"

and Looking for More RO's and Score Keepers for the Double Tap Champ.. Score keeper does not have to be certified

Meals on Range.... FREE! Hotel stay for the 4 Match Nights.... FREE! A "Special RO" Match Shirt....... FREE Included in Match and Awards / Prize Table....FREE! Not Having to Set up and/or Tear down Your Stage .... FREE! Cold Drinks Provide and served to you on each stage from our range Hostess......FREE Giving Back to the Sport you Love & being part of the Double Tap Championship Match Experience ....... PRICELESS!

Ladies and gentlemen: we need RO's for the championship match. I promise you will be well taken care of, ask anyone that has RO'd for us before. Targets are on your stage before you arrive on stage, stage boxes are set up with everything you need, all electric scoring that works very well (we have been using it for awhile and Robert has the bugs worked out. I believe in taking good care of the RO's that work this match and you are appreciated for the hard work you do. Robert and I finished setting up the last stage on Friday and this is going to be a great match, how Robert keeps this match new and different every year I can't quite figure out, he has outdone himself again. We are short RO's and I know it gets hard to work matches this size but we can't do it with out you. Come on out and help us out, you won't be disappointed.

there are only aprox. 30 slot left on the Sat/sun schedule of the match. entries are coming in fast.

Thanks Steve we do need a Few Back up RO's for the Match (People get sick, hurt and Life happens) and we need a few extra on the bigger stages to spread the load. so if you have EXPERINCE running Practiscore or are certified, drop me a note as the above post says "you won't be disappointed"

Edited by scorch

Here are the GPS Cordinaties for the Range GPS Location: N33 50'11.6154 W98 42' 26.784 or 33.83656 -98.70744.6154"

The check -in/Reception -THURSDAY June 6th FOR THOSE SHOOTING FRIDAY - WILL BE AT THE RANGE. from 4:00 till 7:00 PM. You may also check in at shooters service Friday morning from 7:00-7:30 am at the range

The check -in/Reception FRIDAY June 7th FOR THOSE SHOOTING SAT & SUN, WILL BE AT THE RANGE, from 4:00-7:00pm You may also check in at shooters service Saturday morning from 7:00-7:30 am. at the range

We will hold the shooters' meeting Saturday June 8th, at 7:45 a.m. for the two day portion of the match and the same time on Friday, June 7th The match will begin Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m. We will shoot 10 stages on Saturday and 4 stages on Sunday. ( All 14 on Friday with 1/2 hour or less stage times, squads will be limited to 10 competitors)

The Match will be a Level II Match and will count as a classifier, When we have enough GM's in each division. It will also be a STI CONTINGENCY MATCH, THANKS TO STI INTERNATIONAL

Hey Robert. I would like to shoot this match but I am in need of some good match ammo for my CZ.

I also desperately need new mag springs which are becoming just as hard to find.

Is the entry still $175?

Here is The Squad Schedule for the Match. This will also be in the Back of your match book. You Will progress to The Next higher Number Stages. IE. after shooting Stage Six you will Then SHoot stage seven and Afterseven stage 8 so on and so forth

post-1794-0-32312700-1369101256_thumb.pn

NO PETS on Range.... Unless you have proper eye and ear Protections for them also. We don't want any blind or deaf animals going home from the Range. Our Insurance does not cover your pets, so be advised.

Funny you should say that I have Wanted to paint the Parking Area for many a year and This year..WE DID! Check the Photos!

post-1794-0-59346500-1369362892_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-70471700-1369362957_thumb.jp

Edited by scorch

The RO at the chrono will take care of Unloading CHL holders guns. Please Go to the Chrono Area as soon as yo arrive on range and Inform the Chrono RO that You need to unload your Carry Gun. Then Follow his Instructions. DON NOT take it out of your holster till instructed to.

Edited by scorch

Torrpd The weather has been Pretty Nice High's in the upper 80's

Got about 1.5 Inches of rain the other day while we were at the range. walked around the range about 5 minutes after it stopped. NO MUD, nothing! I LOVE our new range surface! Check out the Photos.

post-1794-0-86740600-1369437293_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-46771700-1369437322_thumb.jp

Torrpd The weather has been Pretty Nice High's in the upper 80'sGot about 1.5 Inches of rain the other day while we were at the range. walked around the range about 5 minutes after it stopped. NO MUD, nothing! I LOVE our new range surface! Check out the Photos.

Huge improvement. Many thanks. I still have fond memories of seeing my mag disappear in the mud!

Torrpd The weather has been Pretty Nice High's in the upper 80'sGot about 1.5 Inches of rain the other day while we were at the range. walked around the range about 5 minutes after it stopped. NO MUD, nothing! I LOVE our new range surface! Check out the Photos.

Huge improvement. Many thanks. I still have fond memories of seeing my mag disappear in the mud!

scorch, that's good to hear. I have shot the match in the rain/mud, snow/frozen ground, and 80's with clear skies. I prefer the latter.

I will be happy if the temps don't break 100 and remain above 70. So far I have froze or baked. but i keep coming back. Ammo has been shipped, airfare, car rental, Hotel, all good to go. 8 days and a wake up and I am airborne for TX.

Temp have Been real good (what they are Supposed to be) Humidity been a little high but not like being on the coast.<br />Stages are all set, just putting the finishing touches on this and that. We have gotten away from a complete Hoser match, alot of the stages will need you to aim. :0 Like on the CAN-CAN Swingers. will post video of them a day before the Match if i get time.

Busy day a

Add 2 shooters

Dropped 1shooter who couldn't make it

Swaped a shooter that bought another shooters slot

Had an RO drop out and had to find a replacement

Had to book an extra room for a RO

add a USPSA # to a shooters entry that did not have one when entered

Then fix the squadding. Schedule to reflect the changes

Then up date the electronic scoring data base to reflect the changes

Update ezwin score with changes

Staple targets

Paint parking slots in back parking lot

Got the large trash dumpster delivered and placed

Stapled covers on the match book

And write this post

Wwwwhhheeee

Edited by scorch

What is the weather forecast looking like down there? The weather app I have on my phone is showing a fairly decent chance of rain for the area that weekend but I figured it would be best to check with people who are local to get weather info.