Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double "ZAP" Championship 2013 - Men in Black

Shot all 12 in one day for the third straight year. This was the first time the weather was kind enough to leave me enough energy to celebrate. Match was a blast as usual. Wish the gun would have cooperated with my stage plan in the star swinger on stage 12 though.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok shooters keep your eyes open for a pair of Howard leight green electronic muffs.

My 9 yr old son thought he sat them in or by my bag. Did not see them on tonights return.

Will be shooting squad 27 tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Great Match!!! that was a lot of fun.. Squad 17, ya'll were bad ass to shoot with... And great work by the range crew preparing the bays. I have been there in previous years where the rain would have flooded some of the bays.

Another fun weekend at the DoubleTap... The stages were great, my performance on them was less than stellar. Shooting and taking video/pictures at the same time is tiring to say the least. I came out of the raffle with a CED Timer so that was a bonus as I was planning on buying one soon. I got to watch a few of the top Production/Limited shooters. I missed out on coverage of Randi and Max as they were shooting on different squads on Friday (same day as me).

It will take me a few days to pull the article together, I'll post a link here when its done.

I had a fun match and a great squad to shoot with as well. I shot pretty consistant and had only one mike for the match. And it was on an easy open target! Managed to come in 2nd B class Limited and 17/112 (i think) overall. Thanks match crew!

Great match Robert! The attention to detail with the theme for the stages is above and beyond anything else out there. The movers were awesome - I couldn't find anyone who had seen anything like them before!

This was my first Double Tap Championship, but I'll definitely be back next year. Thanks again!

Best DTR to date!

Robert is spearheading the way USPSA matches are planned and executed. The stages are challenging and humbling but fun at the same time.

DTR will continue to be one of the matches I will attend for years to come.

You definitely missed a great match if you didn't this year...

This was an Awesome match! Has anyone been to a match where the talent pool was that deep, other than nationals? Over 25% of the production shooters were M class and above!

The stages themselves were very well designed and had a nice balance of hard and easy shots. Some of the movers were a bit of a carnival, but still fun. It's nice to see people discuss the best way to shoot the various movers based upon their confidence level. I didn't like a couple of the start positions, there was just too much chance of people breaking the 180 when drawing the gun. If you were left handed, most, but not all, of the 180 issues were irrelevant, though a few new ones presented themselves. The foot and hand cutouts on most of the stages were great as they enured that the starts were as consistent as possible.

The match flowed pretty well up until Saturday afternoon. Then some backups started happening. I think it was due to the large squad sizes and the way the stages were forced to be organized based upon range limitations. I think 16 people per squad was really pushing the size limit. But we never had more than a half hour wait for a stage to open up (that I can remember).

When the storms came Saturday night, Robert and his gang did a great job of getting the water off a few of the stages. The parking lot and road may have been a muddy mess, but the range surface was very good considering the amount of rainfall. I don't think the rain impacted the time much on any of my stages.

Overall I give the match 4.5/5 stars. I'll be back next year!

Robert(Evil Genius) has definately outdone himself. Stages were awesome and the staff was fantastic. Thank you to all the competitors for their good spirit and patients. The Sponsers once again came through and make this one of the premier matches anywhere.The ladies behind the grill and serving lunch did an excellent job. Remember to drop a line or better yet spend your money with the sponsers of this great sport. Let them know in this trying time that you appreciate them.

Can't wait to see what Robert has in-store for next year. Have a great year everyone.

Another awesome Double Tap, and I'm really not surprised.

Porter drew up some great stages and did a bang-up job of putting them on the ground-- as usual.

The match was well run and flowed smoothly-- as usual. (Unusually large squads made this quite impressive, in my book. Seriously-- well done.)

DTC always presents fresh shooting challenges and deceptive arrays. This year's theme seemed to be wicked swinger-like devices, and they were just downright awesome. Thanks to everyone that made this match happen-- as usual, I won't miss next year.

• 3 weeks later...

.....and the winners are.....

HOA Match

Max Michel

Open Division

HOA - Bill Drummond

2nd OA - Jay Hirshberg

3rd OA - Edwin Garcia

GM Class

1st - Lee Neel

M Class

1st - Kyle Riojas