Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this a good/bad idea

Kimberkid

Ok guys, I understand that this is where the real men of IPSC hang out, so I will ask you and let the fate of Nations hang by your opinions. I have a line on a just broken in 610 with about 75 moon clips in good working condition. Its from a friend and he is asking $450. The price to me sounds good, and I know for a fact the gun will clean Bianchi plates at 50 yards. ( i watched my friend do it). I understand that a 625 seems to be the hot set up for IPSC due to a reloading edge, but I have a seemingly infinite supply of .40 brass (thanks Jack) and am already set up to load .40. I started shooting Bianchi with a revolver, but havent shot it for a few years and am thinking IPSC revo would be a nice fun thing to have a go at. Is this a bad set-up/price/idea?? I figured someone has to give John "the Man among Men" Jawor a run for his money and make him earn a match win, might as well be me.......

Thanks guys, my buddy said he would take payments on it so it shall be mine. It is a 6 inch "classic" which I think has the hammer mounted firing pin, and unfluted cylinder. Anyways, I've got a new L10 gun coming when I get back from the Nats so I will be shooting through twice at as many matches as I can make. My work schedule changed and I now have friday and saturdays off, anyone know of any more matches in or within 100 miles or so of NW indiana to shoot on fridays or saturdays??

One of our local guys ran a pair of 610's for many years. He earned his A limited card with them when we initially created the limited division. He maintained the A average shooting them. He got his M card when he switched to a glock.

I think it is a good choice if you are going to run major in revolver.

Kenny

KimberKid

Buy it, Shoot it, Have a blast with it. :)

Have shot my 4 inch 610 for about a year in both IDPA and USPSA until I found the "shootin iron" (625).

While it was at S&W getting worked on I shot the 610 at an Area match, could not have been any more satisfied with the results as if I had the "shootin iron" :)

It is what you get used to, after you get the basics down and start improving you will not notice a difference.

The biggest reason I am shooting the 625 now is the longer barrel and the underlug for front end weight. ( 610 has it too but as I said earlier it is only 4" gun)

Good Luck, if you don't want it I will buy it !!!!!!

SAM KEEN

Actually this might be the 6.5" classic. I have one with the newer cross bar hammer firing pin thingy. I love mine, it shoots well, soaks up major loads and is deadly accurate. When I bought mine, I bought it new for $500 plus fees and tax and it only came with 3 moon clips from the factory. I've since put in a spring kit and it has a pretty good DA trigger pull. When I want to change shooting disciplines and go for longer range sillouettes, I can hardly miss at 100 yards with it. I'm soon to be developing 220 gr loads for it as well. I say buy it, it's a great gun and you can't beat the price.

Vince

Yea guys, I dont have it in my possesion yet but he told me it is mine whenever I get him some cash. Big Dave, it is coming from Phil W. It does have a pretty decent action on it, I've shot it a few times before. I've also seen Phil run 6 second 50 yard plate racks with it. It has a fiber optic front that got ordered from Dillion. Ohh and a full underlug barrel, I like all that weight out there. Anybody know of some IPSC or ICORE matches on saturdays for the rest of the year?? Where is the best place to get moon clip holders?

Kimberkid

for full moons in matches I use the Hearthco's while practicing (especially moving practice) I use the cheap ones you can get from Brownells (won't hurt your feelings if you step on them)

Have been experimenting with Blade-tec holders - jury is still out-I do like the fact they are all bunched together though. AS Spook said Califonia Comp. holders.

available from Dillion or Brownells.

See you on a range somewhere sometime. :)

Hopalong

ICORE at Wildcat Valley:

"On Saturday Sept. 25, the WVR&P Club will once again locally host the I.C.O.R.E. INTERNATIONAL POSTAL MATCH.

Match will start (weather permitting) at 9:30 a.m. 90 rounds are required for this 4 stage REVOLVER ONLY match. Wildcat Valley members need not belong to I.C.O.R.E. to participate.

After the match, tentative plans call for a trial, to gauge interest, RIMFIRE ONLY Steel Challenge match. Should go quick, 4 stages, 3 best of 4 runs, 80 rounds min."

http://www.wvrpc.org/icore.htm

• 3 weeks later...

You can shoot the Central States ICORE match next July (I'll be there if it doesn't interfere with USPSA Nationals). My gun club is getting more interest in wheelguns, Livingston Gun Club/SEMPS.

Avoid the flatnose 40 that is ubiquitous. Search out and use round nose, to speed up your reloads.

And remember, when shooting ICORE, you want to make Major, and when shooting USPSA, you want to use Pin loads. :ph34r:

(How do I contact this Phil guy?)

http://www.opsc-uspsa.org/

KimerKid

You might want to check out Oak Park Sportsmens Club in Plainfield IL.

I live just south of Gary and it takes me 60-70 minutes to get there.

They shoot IPSC on Saturdays and there last match is in 2 weeks.

Check there match dates on the web site listed above.

Other than that get on USPSA's web site and look around.

I think Livingston Gun Club in Dorr MI. shoots IPSC on Saturdays also.

In Chesterton IN. at NPCCC I beleive they shoot steel matches on Saturdays

once a month.

If your interested in IDPA I think they shoot on Saturdays in New Buffalo MI.

Check IDPAs web site.

Hope that helps Jim