Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who is actually in for 2013 NATIONALS.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got our response back.

Liz and I will see you all on Sunday...........We will be shooting our 646 L frames. NOT our N frame 625s like most everyone else !!!! :goof:

Saturday I will be shooting my .45 Auto so I can game the stages for Sunday !!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Hop

Edited by hopalong

Hello Rob,

Good to hear from you. I load a 230 FMJ or Plated (whatever I can get right now) to 1.230 OAL with a fast powder loaded to 175PF with a crush fit Federal primer. The load does an inch at 25 with my Kart Barrel 1911 and shoots pretty much the same with my 625/6in mo. 25 barreled gun.

Thanks for the help with my 5.25. I just got it in and it will be replacing my M&P....period!

DougC

Just got my magic email, I'm in. See you folks up there!

DanO

Just read the initial post... Dan Overcast... I'm UC as of now, but shooting a classifier match next month... I'm betting on C, possibly D depending on which classifiers they pick. :ph34r:

Tullahoma, TN

Edited by dcloudy777

This is really looking good. I just wonder, will they have the traditional Super Squad or will they do like Sam does at the Memphis Charity Challenge? There they don't run a Super Squad, instead they spread the GM and M shooters around to all the squads so that everyone has a chance to shoot with and learn from these guys. I know the "Big Guys" like to shoot together, but would it not be nice to spread them out and let everyone benefit from their experience and expertise. Just a thought. Looking forward to this and starting to count the days.

I have to ask this. Can you be short, fat and balding and still be extremely good looking? I'm hoping the answer is yes. I'm tall, skinny and balding and could use the boost in confidence.

Edited by Dragon11

When I discussed this with Kathy awhile back, she mentioned that they do have a super squad put together for the match. However, I know at least one or two of the top revolver shooters have elected (and are being permitted) to shoot on other squads.

At the Single Stack Nationals, the members of the super squad are not given the choice anymore--this has been discussed at length elsewhere on the forum, but the short explanation for the new policy is to ensure that those likely to finish high in the match have the same shooting conditions throughout the match (which is an issue at Barry in May, where we are almost always assured of getting at least one day of rain). It also helps ensure more accurate scoring and honorable conduct, because the shooters who have the most serious "skin in the game" are all there to police each other and make sure nobody begs for perfect doubles, etc., that are not warranted.

The first reason does not apply quite as much at the Revolver Nationals, since everybody will be shooting on the same day, and we'll all be dealing with the same weather. The second rationale, however, could be an issue--at least in theory. We had a scoring situation pop up at Nationals a few years ago that might have been handled differently if another member of the super squad had not spoken up--for better or worse.

Edited by Carmoney

It's been a while since I studied grammar; but I don't think you can say tall, skinny and good looking in the same sentence.

No343, I disagrere those three items may be used in one sentence. However punctuation is necessary. Tall, skinny, and good looking? ;)