Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6in. Sight Tracker 2013

GlennRasch

Does anybody have the rules on 6in. sight trackers for 2013...? What about a 5in., with a 1in extension with the same profile as the slide but is attached to the barrel and doesn't move with the slide..? The sight is on the extension......legal or not...?

Edited by S&W WHEELNUT

trusight missed the boat by using only a 4.15 slide. Pretty much negating alot of the advantages of the basic design. So could you build a trubore but use the barrel without any ports ? then dovetail the front section for a sight ?

I think so, STI made a gun like u are describing...Do a search for tru sight STI, see if that's what u are speaking of?

YES........ that is close to what I want to build, so would that be legal for limited....?

Edited by S&W WHEELNUT

Here are the BOD meeting minutes where the rules changes were discussed.

http://www.uspsa.org/bodminutes/20111202.pdf

And the new Appendix D for limited.

http://www.uspsa.org/bodminutes/20111202_Revised_Limited_Division.pdf

Based on the minutes, the new rules go into effect next Tuesday. Not sure when a new rulebook or a BOD ruling is set to be published.

It would be legal, because the new rules are much more general. No compensators, no ports, no optics, other than that go nuts. Barrel weights, weighted grips, bolting a block of tungsten to the dustcover, whatever you want is fine now.

No, he's talking about this:

IMG_09961_zps1e7a0587.jpg

Braxton1 (Username) from Camp Creek Gun Works is the one making it happen with me, I'm planning on having Shay make it pretty after it's up!

The rifling goes all the way to the end of the heavy barrel profile. (It is all one solid piece)

I intend on having the front sight mounted all the way at the end.

It's intended use is for Outlaw Multigun. Sounds like it's legal in limited but I'd even shoot it in open as I've not shot a USPSA major match seriously in a decade.

Are you going to leave it that full length or cut it back to 6"?

The barrel has rifling all the way down - I'm going to leave it there and stick a front sight out at the end.

That way, mine is longer than everyone else's 6".

:lol:

OK GUYS............. here is what I'm thinking of, OLD SCHOOL brushing barrel and not a cone. Less weight on the front, barrel is't dropping down when the slide is back. Using a 4.5in slide with a 5in barrel or a 5in with a 6in barrel.... I think you know were I'm going with this. Here's a few pictures of a rough prototype that I'm working with to get the bugs out...I'll mill all that out were the reverse plug goes to get the weight off, and cut the front down to be even with the barrel. I'm not drilling the plug thru, just use a shorter guide rod..... so it will look solid from the front..... Thanks for all the input..

post-24727-0-93801800-1357615384_thumb.j

post-24727-0-72927200-1357615401_thumb.j

post-24727-0-45802100-1357615428_thumb.j

post-24727-0-13281500-1357615449_thumb.j

post-24727-0-94619400-1357615461_thumb.j

You're re-inventing the pin gun

Way back the first "racegun" for pin shooting was a heavy weight that they attached to the end of the barrel

Later someone figured out if you cut ports in it, it worked better, and the compgun was born

I've got an article on a gun Huening built back in the late 80's that looks like that. I'll try and dig out the photos when I get home tonight.

I would like to see it........... I just shoot you a PM on those grips you sell.