Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What makes a 10 round mag just 10 rounds?

Robert King

Plenty of 10's still available for G17 and G22. Is it just a tighter spring? I know the body is the same length and I have never seen any kind of spacer installed in them. Can you just add a full capacity spring or is there some secret I am missing?

While they will restock if no ban occurs, several sites I have visited are saying the back order will not fill until April for Glock mags. If you need mags now and if the process is fairly simple, why bother waiting. If it really is just extra material that basically turns it into a single stack, it won't be that hard to remove. It's all about having options.

If it is just a rib, it seems you could file it down without much heartache. I just see a lo of WTB adds for G17 and G22 mags. This seems like n easy optiion.

Filing the rib off would destroy the mag. Trust me, I'm from Massachusetts.

Yea it would be a major undertaking. I picked up 3 357 sig mags that are 10 rounders i use for dryfrie (got them dirt cheap). I tore them apart to see how hard making them the read deal would be.

From what i can tell, they are just molded with 3x the plastic on the sides, then the metal liner is inserted to make them single stack. If it can be done, it would be a major undertaking.

This has the potential to be a useful and informative thread. Any more political remarks and it will simply go away without warning.

We've tried to be lenient because of heightened emotions, but we're sincerely tired of cleaning up all the political fallout that has landed here recently. Please, knock it off.

Thank you.

If thats a newer mag sounds like they haven't changed. I broke one of those Glock loaders trying to load a 10.

They arn't more then 2 or 3 years old. I tried my uplula on them, and was afraid i was going to break the ramp off that pushes the bullet down, so i quit.

played that game when I first started shooting, like my second or third match, (IDPA) I had a Browning Hipower. The 10 round was extremely tight int he Mecgars, So tight a "tac reload" was impossible. So I always started 9 + 1. and loaded my mags to 9, on a 10 round stage I went to slide lock and an SO had a hissy fit. So not being around the block long enough to tell him to bugger off, next stage I started with 10 + 1, drew fired one shot and the mag fell out. I was not happy. Afterwards I noticed the owners manual on the gun said "Capacity 10 rounds (including one in the chamber). Just carried the owners manual around after that until I got a couple KRD preban mags.