Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round mag limit

Red Ryder

I'm gonna order more mags after Christmas. Of course I looked at shooters Connection and they went from in stock to minus 50 in stock in just a few hours. So maybe I'll just get out of the Open game and go back to Production. I'm NOT going to end up with a 10 round Open gun!

Keep in mind: the US government could go the "Canadian route"... which is to make it illegal to posess ANY magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. All existing mags must be converted to hold only 10 rounds (... and "yes" that is a whole 'nuther can of worms re: how to legally convert mags to 10 rounds only).

Would this mean that people wouldn't still have hi-cap mags ("hi-cap" in Canada means more than 10 rounds)... no, obviously they would still exist.

However, it WOULD mean that in competition, 10 rounds becomes the new limit to play the game. Individuals might still own hi-cap mags, but a recognized sport cannot condone using them in sanctioned competition. USPSA would have no choice but to limit all divisions to a 10 round max... as Canada has been forced to do.

Therefore if you are concerned about having enough mags to "play the game" (whatever game that is), then buying now gains you nothing.

I recognize there are other reasons/motivations to have hi-cap mags.... my reasoning only applies to competiing in a recognized sport.

-ivan-