Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help ! JP's phones are busy, I Need to make a Decision

gennaro

I'm trying to contact J P Rifles and all I get is a busy signal. I know they are swamped with whats going on, but I was hoping to put in an order before it's to late.

I'm a newby and I deeply apologize for asking this question, but I need help with a decision, I can't afford the whole rifle at this time, so from my understanding, I need to purchase the Lower Reciever ( for the FFL ). Than at a later time ,( if anything is banned,) I would be able to purchase the upper and still be okay, ( hopefully ). And there in lies the problem, which one, JP-15, CTR-02, etc. and should I get it assembled or stripped, or should I buy the upper and lower together, I will be using it for 3 gun ( .223 ).

Is JP still taking orders, and is there another number to contact them with, other than ( 651-426-9196), so I can talk to a rep and make an informed decision. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best of Luck to All of Us,

Regards,

Gennaro.

Tried calling for 3 days to order. Emailed them this morning and here's what I just got:

"Can't do it. We are not selling any receivers we are not building into rifles at this time.

Mel Koenig

GM

JP Enterprises, Inc "

Have no idea what gives.

Edited by outerlimits

What gives is they have only so many receivers, and ALL are all allotted to full rifle builds that they have orders for. They are kinda busy...good for em!

Order a full rifle and stand in line is probably the best bet.

:)

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Calling them requires persistence, 4 hours practically non-stop with steady busy signal yesterday afternoon. Got thru after about many, many tries this morning. Hardest I've ever worked to pay somebody for an order. Was quoted "hopefully 10 weeks" on delivery for a JP-15.

Edited by aviatrix

Yep, I new this was going to be difficult. I'm more than willing to wait for the gun, but do you think if you placed an order for a gun with JP, and the ban goes through before they can complete the build, would they still be allowed to honor the order anyway ?

We don't know if there will be a ban. Hopefully not. Pull together, call your representatives, join the NRA if your not a member already.

I would think if there were a ban and you ordered and paid for it before any ban was in effect, it would be pre ban. Not by the order date, or the completed date, or the shipped date, but by the paid in full date.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong about this.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

sleepswithdogs,

I hope your right, I'm just a little bit nervous with this administration. He just put Biden in charge of a group, and told him to put something together by the first of the year. Thats moving fast, and he does like the whole executive orders thing. That being said, I'm hopefull that we will still be okay , and that if anything is proposed, it won't get through the House. That would be nice.

The best of luck to us all.

What gives is they have only so many receivers, and ALL are all allotted to full rifle builds that they have orders for. They are kinda busy...good for em!

Order a full rifle and stand in line is probably the best bet.

:)

jj

JJ-there is no line-they are NOT building rifles...not my words, theirs.

Yep, I new this was going to be difficult. I'm more than willing to wait for the gun, but do you think if you placed an order for a gun with JP, and the ban goes through before they can complete the build, would they still be allowed to honor the order anyway?

This happened to me in 94 during the first ban. I had a rifle on order and the ban took effect. They had to modify the rifle to meet the new rules that took effect after I placed the order but before the rifle was built. Instead of a bayonet lug and flash suppressor which were standard at the time I got a "barrel harmonic tuning device" and not bayonet lug. JP will do everything they can to fill the order but they will absolutely follow the letter of the law, as they should.

Tried calling for 3 days to order. Emailed them this morning and here's what I just got:

"Can't do it. We are not selling any receivers we are not building into rifles at this time.

Mel Koenig

GM

JP Enterprises, Inc "

Have no idea what gives.

"...we are not building into rifles." I read that to mean all the lowers are allocated to complete rifle construction. I'd bet dollars to donuts they are building a LOT of rifles right now.

Tar

Mel Koenig

GM

JP Enterprises, Inc "

Have no idea what gives.

"...we are not building into rifles." I read that to mean all the lowers are allocated to complete rifle construction. I'd bet dollars to donuts they are building a LOT of rifles right now.

Tar

Yep.

"...not building INTO rifles..."

ie; they are not selling stripped receivers at all. They need all they have for full builds, and probably still don't have enough...

jj

This happened to me in 94 during the first ban. I had a rifle on order and the ban took effect. They had to modify the rifle to meet the new rules that took effect after I placed the order but before the rifle was built. Instead of a bayonet lug and flash suppressor which were standard at the time I got a "barrel harmonic tuning device" and not bayonet lug. JP will do everything they can to fill the order but they will absolutely follow the letter of the law, as they should.

Their intentions and ambitions extend far, far beyond the 94 AWB, I'd be very worried about a great many things at this point. It is time to get active, get vocal and upgrade your membership in the NRA and related organizations. Today, I went from an annual to life NRA membership and joined the Texas State Rifle Association as a life member. You do not have any time to waste here, write those letters, make those phone calls and make those donations.

Mel Koenig

GM

JP Enterprises, Inc "

Have no idea what gives.

Tar

Yep.

"...not building INTO rifles..."

ie; they are not selling stripped receivers at all. They need all they have for full builds, and probably still don't have enough...

jj

That was true back in October if you wanted a CTR

Tried to call before they opened this morning, phone rang and went to voicemail. Called again at 9:00AM exactly....nothing but a busy signal. I would submit the build online, but they don't list the 9mm upper on the rifle builder program. Hopefully I get lucky today and get the order through!