Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate you people.

DonovanM

Thin grip

Okay someone was telling me about the "small frame" and I just couldn't compehend what the issue was if they were 140mm long mags. Now I see the light... Less stagger in the mag. My leaning curve is steep... Thanks.

small frame. Want 20, get a tactical sport.

I, too, was formerly a fan of all forms of combat tupperware, especially M&Ps and Glocks. All these CZ pushers here piqued my curiosity, I bought one, and now have ZERO interest in any of the plastic guns I used to love so much.

Okay so the Tactical Sport version then get you a full weight mag. I noticed that there was an extension for 20 round mags for the Tactical Sport but couldn't figure out what the deal was.

So if you want to set up the Tactical Sport mags with these extensions, what base mag do you start with for your mags on that gun?

http://czcustom.com/cztacticalsportextendedbasepadsilver.aspx

I hear there is some concern for quality for the factory mags? Is there a beginners guide to figuring this stuff out so I don't get stuck on my learning curve?

Oh by the way... I hate you people too...

And is the Tactical Sport like a stupid thick Glock grip or how would it compare to an M&P with the small backstrap?

Bigger, The grip can be contour'd to be really nice though. The CTS/Checkmate grip is AWESOME. Way better than a stock TS.

I don't see the attraction. Stick with the Glock Donovan.

I miss my old SIG. I think I had better feedback with the heavier gun in transitions. The Glock just feels too light to have really fine control of where it is in space. Maybe I'm crazy... I learned on a steel frame DA/SA, maybe it's hard to get away from that.

I'm actually thinking about building up an SP-01 Tactical by myself, instead of going with the Shadow. I'm not all that picky about the trigger, definitely not enough to justify the lack of a FPB. I had a lot of fun smithing on my SIG and ended up with a great, and safe trigger. I'm looking forward to doing the same on the CZ.

I just decided to make the switch from a g34 to the CZC shadow. I have only had the CZ for a week but after a weeks worth of dryfire and about 800 rnds live fire I really like it so far. Reloads are still giving me a bit of trouble but I will work through that.

After years of using a mag funnel, reloads were giving me fits as well with a borrowed Production gun. Tried MANY variations of gun position and mag position with lots of missed mag changes.

Then, remembered what we were taught years ago at a Ron Avery class. Index finger on or up past the top round, come into to the magwell a little bit from the front, mag angled back a little (less than 30 degrees, 10 is good). Tap the top/back of the mag into the bottom/back of the mag opening of the gun. When they're tapped together you have 3 sides of mag touching 3 sides of gun, all at the back. The bullet of the top round is still below the bottom of the gun. Now tip the mag into the gun.

Nice thing about the method is that it works with stress & hurry & distraction whereas a lot of gun-handling techniques fall apart under stress. With practice you can do it on a dead run or with your eyes closed, on a gun with no mag funnel. Once I get my new Shadow Target in my hands i'll try to make a video of the tap&tip.

Edited by eric nielsen

• 5 months later...

Found a video (and screen shot) of what I'm talking about with the tap/tip reload. Back 3 sides (2 corners) of mag go into back 3 sides (2 corners) of magwell. When mag & gun first touch they are not quite at the same angle. You may have best results putting your focus on back 3 sides of gun, or, you may have best results doing the same thing but looking at front of magwell and touching your index finger to that.

post-354-0-40308200-1370977566_thumb.jpg post-354-0-86576200-1370979596_thumb.jpg

This is the best way I've found to reload the Shadow, it was the only way I could reload the XDm consistently. Dry fire drill that helps me is lateral movement plus mag change, putting a clock on it, took just under 4 minutes. Set up is anywhere that requires 2-4 steps of movement, like this:

post-354-0-75604200-1370979444_thumb.jpg post-354-0-73045500-1370979478_thumb.jpg

1. On left target (no draw), click. Move to right target, changing mag from 1st pouch. Target 2, click.

-- Repeat above, total of 3 reps, eyes on magwell (front or back, pick one).

2. Repeat above, total of 3 reps, 1st pouch, eyes closed during each mag change.

3. Repeat above, total of 3 reps, 1st pouch, eyes open again.

4. Repeat steps 1-3, (9 reps) moving left-to-right, from 2nd pouch. Adjust arm positions as needed.

5. Repeat steps 1-3, (9 reps) moving right-to-left, from 1st pouch. Adjust as arm positions as needed.

6. Repeat steps 1-3, (9 reps) moving right-to-left, from 2nd pouch. Adjust arm positions as needed.

Some of you older folk may remember the play "SOUTH PACIFIC"

Since I got my CZ Custom, I have been singing a (slightly) altered

song from that show.

It goes like this: I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in

love with a wonderful GUN !!!!!!

Donovan,

Why did you end up NOT converting?

Money, and now that I've shot a few majors, I'd rather spend it on them than a gun

I shot a CZ in a match the weekend before last. It was nice, I had fun with it. Great gun. Not really worth switching to at this point. My Glock is OK.

Edited by DonovanM

Good attitude.

Money, and now that I've shot a few majors, I'd rather spend it on them than a gun

I shot a CZ in a match the weekend before last. It was nice, I had fun with it. Great gun. Not really worth switching to at this point. My Glock is OK.

After years of using a mag funnel, reloads were giving me fits as well with a borrowed Production gun. Tried MANY variations of gun position and mag position with lots of missed mag changes.

Then, remembered what we were taught years ago at a Ron Avery class. Index finger on or up past the top round, come into to the magwell a little bit from the front, mag angled back a little (less than 30 degrees, 10 is good). Tap the top/back of the mag into the bottom/back of the mag opening of the gun. When they're tapped together you have 3 sides of mag touching 3 sides of gun, all at the back. The bullet of the top round is still below the bottom of the gun. Now tip the mag into the gun.

Nice thing about the method is that it works with stress & hurry & distraction whereas a lot of gun-handling techniques fall apart under stress. With practice you can do it on a dead run or with your eyes closed, on a gun with no mag funnel. Once I get my new Shadow Target in my hands i'll try to make a video of the tap&tip.

I don't understand any of that. I just practice putting the mag in the gun over and over.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That gun is not sexy. The slide sticks out past the end of the frame. They can't even get the parts to line up? I don't like how the sides of the frame are flat across the whole thing. I like how the frame of the Beretta steps up to different levels. That's sexy. I also feel that there's not enough slide on the CZ to grab onto, especially the models with a sharp rear sight blade. It is comfortable in the hand, I'll give it that.

Im never one to really look at aesthetics of a firearm but yeah, ive got to agree that the shadow's slide looks slapped onto the frame.

It looks like it doesnt fit.

Still...it goes bang so...who cares. :)

What what what??? Not sexy? Then you refer to the Beretta a being aesthetically playing? Sorry friendo, but you're out of your mind. I agree about the bit of design miscue regarding the slide and frame not lining up perfectly at the muzzle, but enduring else about it is sexy as hell! It's simple but sleek, modern but classic, svelte but athletic. The Beretta looks like a positively dumpy, fat chick compared to the cz!

I have seen the light. =)

Took an opportunity to buy a friend's basically new SP-01 Shadow Target. Took it out to the range, gun is stupid accurate.... more so than my SVI? Gave it to two friends to shoot.... stupid accurate in their hands as well.

It feels like shooting a limited gun in Production. =P