Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 guide rod and spring suggestions

WhiteRubi

Steel rod and 13 pound spring.

+2 on this setup. I ran a 13lb spring for awhile and then switched to a 11LB ISMI and liked it better personally but was worried about the gun going out of battery. I shot the 11LB setup for a season but replaced it with the 13LB setup again because of reasons above.

Mine was a ISMI captured rod with ISMI 13lb spring. I think any good rod will do the job. Check that out or Glock store has some steel ones.

Some people like the Wolff springs but I like the ISMI personally. I bought both brands to see which one I liked there cheap so why not.

http://glockstore.co...teel Guide Rod/

http://www.ismi-gunsprings.com/

Edited by G34 CORDY

ISMI 11lbs. Never had a problem on a gen4 g17. I am running a 4lbs. Wolff striker spring though.

I never had a problem out of it either and loved it. I had a Vanek Trigger, Jager striker and springs. Ran like a top and it seemed to shoot flatter with the 11LB spring.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know a lot of people have great luck with lighter recoil springs but my G34 was never 100% reliable with them. 13# ISMI recoil spring with stock striker spring would sometimes fail to go in to battery. 13# recoil spring with reduced power striker spring would always go into battery but I would get a few light primer hits. Loved the way the 13# spring felt, but gave up on it. Now I use a 15# recoil and stock striker springs. Doesn't feel any different than stock but is 100%.

I know a lot of people have great luck with lighter recoil springs but my G34 was never 100% reliable with them. 13# ISMI recoil spring with stock striker spring would sometimes fail to go in to battery. 13# recoil spring with reduced power striker spring would always go into battery but I would get a few light primer hits. Loved the way the 13# spring felt, but gave up on it. Now I use a 15# recoil and stock striker springs. Doesn't feel any different than stock but is 100%.

Try a lightened striker with an extended firing pin or use Federal primers if you reload...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running in my 34 Gen 4, ISMI 13 lb spring with Jager polymer guide rod, Jager striker with 3 coils cut off the factory striker spring, Wolff trigger housing and safety plunger springs. The Jager poly guide rod is 5 grams lighter than the dual-recoil factory spring assembly. I would prefer steel but IDPA stock service pistol division does not allow it.