Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inside info on 3GN Rockcastle Internation pro/am 28th Oct 2013 !

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kept checking in all day yesterday and last night after the message sent to me yesterday morning.

Decided to call today and the tone changed to "keep checking back, we hope it's up soon"

Hopefully they can get things figured out before people start to lose interest.

Facebook posting was a message they sent directly to me. I'm losing interest in this match and have wasted too much time trying to enter the match and give them my money. I will find something else to do that weekend if the app isn't available soon.

How about just waiting a couple weeks and checking then, instead of every day? Might be a little easier on your nerves.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.....but when someone tells me end of the day Thursday, and nothing has changed by mid day Monday of the following week...I lose faith.

I was able to get registered for the Pro-Am by entering myself on my PC, iPad, iPhone, and MacBook at the same time.... and spots were filled within a matter of seconds. With having to hustle to get a spot there, this match being at the same venue, and where they have pre-sold spots to foreigners......urgency and persistence seemed relatively smart if I wanted a spot!

Guy's just to let you know its first come first served !

No pre booking early for non Americans , so every one gets a good crack at getting in on this unique event - get signed up now.

Look for Red Neck Tactical pro classes , side shoots inc the Cave :)

We apologize for the hold up on getting all of this information out to the shooters. Being the first International Multi Gun Match, there are several factors that we are learning as we go through the process. Here are some updates. First, registration is open to all shooters. Originally we intended to have separate registration dates for U.S. and International competitors, but in the end it was not feasible to do so. This is not a "sit by the computer to register" kind of match due to the hardships of International travel. Therefore, just fill out and print the form, mail it to the address listed, scan and email it, or fax it in. Those mailing can send entry fee with the form. For those who are faxing or emailing, we need your entry fee within 10 days of the receipt of your form at Rockcastle Shooting Center.........................................The Professional Division ifs for those who will be using their own guns for the competition. Please Select either Tactical Optics or Open Divisions. Most of you know what these are, but they are more clearly defined in the rules which will be posted very soon at www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com ..............Supplied Gun Division basically means you are going to be competing with guns that are supplied by sponsors. All of these guns are generally guns that would conform with the Tactical Optics Division.

A limited number of shell carriers mag holders for different guns, and holsters will be available on the stages, due to the variety of sponsor provided guns that will be on each stage, that the Supplied Gun Division will be using. The primary equipment you have to bring are the inner and outer belts.......................At this point in time, ammo availability is improving, and plans have been made so that match ammo is available for purchase on site, and with the Competition Packages.

All of the match info is becoming available on a daily basis on the website, which can also be reached by visiting www.parkmammothresort.us and then clicking to enter the Rockcastle Shooting Center Website. Please fell free to contact either Nathan Noble at nbnoble@bellsouth.net or Match Director Gary Welborn at GWelborn@bellsouth.net for further questions. If you are having any trouble getting answers on any part of the match. We can also be reached by mobile phone at (270) 792-3196.

It has been very difficult separating divisions to "what will work" when a large majority of the shooters are borrowing guns that are supplied by sponsors. We are talking 30 each, rifles, pistols, and shotguns. I do not believe this match changes or qualifies for an actual "points series" match. 3 Gun Nation is a major sponsor, and will be covering it for webisodes. Other than that, their will be no point earning for shooters that are participating.

Clarification on this would be appreciated. I'm signed up now under the impression that the matches I signed up for have 3GN Semi-Pro points. I'm already gone all but one weekend in October and catching flack for leaving during Halloween instead of taking the kids trick r treating.

I is probably like pro-am. Must shoot pro tac-optics or pro-open to get points, and only those 2 divisions are represented. If you are looking for semi-pro points, you are good. Divisional points for TI, HI, HO, pick another match.

I is probably like pro-am. Must shoot pro tac-optics or pro-open to get points, and only those 2 divisions are represented. If you are looking for semi-pro points, you are good. Divisional points for TI, HI, HO, pick another match.

Just shoot TO like the rest of us and quit trying to be different.

Couple of our top dogs are planning to visit Rock Casttle match. :)

2012 European Rifle Champion standard division maybe and silver medallist of open division.

Edited by Sako92S