Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload Standards

reneet

Just wondering what everyone else is doing on this stage. We shot it at a club match last month and I wasn't aware that it was from nationals. Got 55 !@#% points and 2nd Limited on the stage!

Shot through it a few times with Jerry M. yesterday and ranged from 50 to 70 points. Jerry is averaging down only 25-30 points with his revolver!

What are your best & worst runs and with what gun?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is stacking allowed?

Procedure:

String 1: 1 each freestyle reload 1 each freestyle 25 yards, 5 sec

String 2: 1 each freestyle reload 1 each strong hand 20 yards, 5 sec

String 3: 2 each freestyle reload 1 each freestyle 15 yards, 5 sec

String 4: 1 each freestyle reload 1 each weak hand 10 yards, 5 sec

Nothing else to do in Fixed Time besides shoot Alphas.

If I tank it, I'm going to ask the Range Master to throw out the stage. :)

US 1.2.2.1 Standard Exercises” shall not require more than twenty-four

(24) rounds to complete, or more than six (6) rounds

for each component string, or twelve (12) rounds if a

mandatory reload is specified. Mandatory reloads, posi-tions,

and stances may be specified.

I get the feeling they might wise up and make it 24 rounds by fixing the 15 yard string.

Renee,

How many rounds are you getting off? What kind of hits are you getting? Are you going to get more points consistently, by not even attempting the reload on some strings? This stage won't be hit factored --- whatever you score on the targets will be your point total for the stage.

Given my sucky draw and reload/transfer I'd get the mag seated at the five second mark on all of these strings. My approach will be to use the time to shoot Alphas.....

At the MASC this year the time limit was a generous eight seconds to draw, fire one each at six targets freestyle, reload and fire six stronghand from about eight to ten yards. Then moved up to the four - five yard line and did it again weakhand. I reloaded on both strings, got nine rounds off on the stronghand, all 12 on the weakhand string....

Is stacking allowed?
Procedure:

String 1: 1 each freestyle reload 1 each freestyle 25 yards, 5 sec

String 2: 1 each freestyle reload 1 each strong hand 20 yards, 5 sec

String 3: 2 each freestyle reload 1 each freestyle 15 yards, 5 sec

String 4: 1 each freestyle reload 1 each weak hand 10 yards, 5 sec

No

Renee,

How many rounds are you getting off?  What kind of hits are you getting?  Are you going to get more points consistently, by not even attempting the reload on some strings?  This stage won't be hit factored --- whatever you score on the targets will be your point total for the stage.

Given my sucky draw and reload/transfer I'd get the mag seated at the five second mark on all of these strings.  My approach will be to use the time to shoot Alphas.....

I played with it this afternoon with the thought of possibly not doing the reload on some strings.

@ 25 yards w/o reload 13-15 points

w/ reload 17-26 points (sometimes close to or over time)

@ 20 yards w/o reload 13-15 points

w/ reload 14-23 points

@ 15 yards w/o reload 20-27 points

w/ reload 30-38 points (sometimes close to or over time)

@ 10 yards w/o reload 13-15 points

w/ reload 18-26 points

My best run today was 71 points and I failed to seat the mag on 10 and 15 yard strings so did not get off 6 shots. Jury is still out. I'll shoot it both ways for the next few days and see what gives me the best results.

Kay's last run today was 6 points down with a miss! Makes me want to grab an open gun.

Shooting B class revolver now,

tried this thing yesterday..... <_<

Ran overtime after the reload on all strings and didn't have real good hits :(

turned around and took my time and shot all As and did not even try to reload

75 points no OT !!!!! For me this is the best way to do it, if the others (revolvers Jerry excluded as he can do this! ) want to try and get some shots off and run over and get the penalty go for it and good luck.

I will take my 75 points and go to the next stage..... B)

Good Luck all at Nats.

Hopalong.

I shot the reload standards at 81 points. I did not worry too much about the time, just getting good hits and not penalties. I made sure not to fire any late shots. Its not a great score but it works well to keep from killing your overall.

At the MASC I shot the standards at 102 points and got off all my shots easily, had some poor hits though, and a miss weakhanded. For some reason I felt like I had to rush.

Just a funy aside; I shot a turning target standards at teh 01 SSC at Barry. I was the only guy to get a reshoot.

HOW???

The last shot I fired on string two hit the target just as it edged.....and cut the head clean off. I got pictures and everything. B)

Some of us think that the visual start clue makes for a quicker reaction time and therefore a faster draw; some of us think the opposite.

Certainly, you can see the target begin to turn to disappear and overtime shots (penalties) should be non-existent.

Also, this will likely be a common firing line with multiple shooters in your peripheral vision and you will hear their shots going off. Just a little distraction compared to the usual stages. Don't turn it into a race or a shoot-off!

Just a funy aside; I shot a turning target standards at teh 01 SSC at Barry. I was the only guy to get a reshoot.

HOW???

The last shot I fired on string two hit the target just as it edged.....and cut the head clean off. I got pictures and everything. B)

I was just going to ask what the current rules for radial tears is. I figured it as least scores one of the highest rings it hits. Is that right?