Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD/XDM in SSP

GMB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woww this why I stopped ipsc in the 90's..... Hi caps, optics retired my CGW 38super, and shoot my carry COLT TACTICAL OFFICERS LIGHTWEIGHT gun. And still blew away a lot of race gun scores!!!!!!

And who the heck carries a glock 34 in the summer in shorts???? LOL

WESTERN STATES ROCKED!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Stock striker pistols should all be in SSP. The finger is more important than the trigger that it rests on. At the club I shoot local matches in, a guy and a stock glock 17 wipes the floor with most everyone. On the other end of the spectrum one of the best shooters we have shoots CDP and outpaces esp guys running 9mm's that barely make power factor, by some 15 seconds or more for total match times.

If I made the rules?

SSP - standard, mass produced guns, run out of the box ( except for sights )

ESP - anything goes but optics and non factory slide lightening.

CDP - 165 of minimum, no caliber segregation. Power factor should be the only difference between CDP and ESP.

I personally run an xdm .45 in CDP and generally sweep the SSP folks, usually comprised of the newer folks to the sport. I mostly keep up with the ESP guys too. If anything I look at SSP as a means to keeping the game accessible and affordable to people who want to compete without breaking the bank. That being said, the popularity of striker guns shouldn't keep those guys classed with people that are much more serious and invested in equipment.

• 3 weeks later...

+1. The .40 S&W is one of the most widely used LE and self-defense cartridges out there. Standard velocity for a factory 180 slug is about 980, which makes 176+ PF. I can see no reason it should not be allowed in CDP. If you keep the 8 round mag Rule, then all those whiney CDP shooters (I'm CDP/EX) won't have any room to complain.

If your .45 ACP gets beat by a .40 S&W with the same ammo load out... it wasn't the 'arrow'... it was the 'Indian'.

Ha, made me laugh, good point indeed

• 3 weeks later...

I somewhat agree. Scores with a tuned up Glock are no different from a 9mm 1911oid. I think the original intent was for SSP to be really stock and ESP to be a home for obsolete single stack Supers. But the gunsmiths have largely eliminated the difference in performance.

Divisions bigbore, smallbore, and revolver would cover the field.

I could see regularizing BUG with holsters and reloads.

stop separating guns by triggers, separate them by size and weight, You'll create a game where actual self defense guns have a competitive division.

Full size, compact, subcompact.

"Stop separating guns by triggers, separate them by size and weight, You'll create a game where actual self defense guns have a competitive division. Full size, compact, subcompact."

You may have more people shooting their carry (defensive) gun. You may be on to something.