Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate being "banned" from gun sites at work!

NicVerAZ

I am a private IT contractor and these days I am on a public contract.

I usually eat my lunch at my desk while surfing the Web, which is very common.

Yesterday I was watching a Panteao production video when my manager walked in my cubicle and looked appaled, then walked off after asking for something.

So I IM-ed him and explain what he already knows, that I shoot competition, etc... and asked him if he is cool with me watching a training video.

Nope, he replied. Reason: someone might walk in and think that I intend to come with a gun to work and shoot everyone.

WTF.

I asked another manager who is into guns as well, although a liberal, and he has no issues with it.

Darn it, some people...

I have decided to cool it for a bit, maybe at least check scores online but no more, until I get to ask the big boss, who I know is very conservative.

I don't have that problem at work. If I get a littl "down time," I just head over to teh training classroom and put a little time in ont eh F.A.T.S. machine. i wish I coould afford one at home.The operator can cuase the "Blue Fire" glock to malfuntion, and you have to drop the mag to clear it. Compressed air/nitrogen charges teh mags and will power the cycling slide.

Let's see . . . you are on company property . . . on a company computer. Call me old school but, if you were working for me . . .

I am appalled by the conduct of employees, in this day and age. I don't care if it is guns or 31 hand bags, do it at home.

I have the Dillon Calendars in my office hanging on the wall for all to see. There is a Metric target that one of my people put a cutout cowboy hat, a sheriff's star and pipe cleaner arms and legs on when I was on vacation. All my people know I shoot and I offer to take any and all to the range.

Let's see . . . you are on company property . . . on a company computer. Call me old school but, if you were working for me . . .

I am appalled by the conduct of employees, in this day and age. I don't care if it is guns or 31 hand bags, do it at home.

on his lunch.... seriously?

on his lunch.... seriously?

Yeah.

Much as I hate speeding this to it's eventual end as a discussion, with rebuttals, companies have a right to establish 'Electronic Use' policies, which govern even during lunch hours.

Sucks for certain, but it is what it is...

Work at a school district if you want to see how bad it can be. Anything weapon related is blocked on the internet. A kid wanting to do a history report on WWII would have to do the research at home because of the content. I carry and it's allowed. I take extra caution to make sure I don't print. If I were to leave my weapon locked in the trunk of my car, I could be terminated. I can only imagine what would happen if I made it by the firewall and got caught viewing a gun related video or website.

RT

I work in a factory so yeah I brought in a American Rifleman and an IDPA magazine so I could read on my break. Next day I got called into the HR office saying I was "Promoting violence in the workplace" Supervisor had my back though. They made a federal case about while some other guy at work brings in a 40mm grenade dud round. What!?!? Whatever!!!

I've been self employed for the last few years and have lately been thinking about getting a "real" job. Every time I read something like this I think about just how good I've got it. I may be barely scraping by but if I want to look at guns on my computer wearing nothing but black socks and my gun belt I can damn well do so any time I want. I don't have a politically correct bone left in my body and seriously doubt I would make it in the real world anymore. HR can kiss my ass :devil:

I've been self employed for the last few years and have lately been thinking about getting a "real" job. Every time I read something like this I think about just how good I've got it. I may be barely scraping by but if I want to look at guns on my computer wearing nothing but black socks and my gun belt I can damn well do so any time I want. I don't have a politically correct bone left in my body and seriously doubt I would make it in the real world anymore. HR can kiss my ass :devil:

HR can kiss my ass too. You know the funny thing is Another co-worker had a swingers magazine(not the targets) and playboy nothing is said and done. I have a gun magazine and you would of thought I ate a newborn baby at work. Gota love those sheeple.