Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 G3G Practical Shotgun Challenge July 6-7 at The World Shooting Co

Thanks. Found it. I know the flight control was thing was changed but I am a little confused by magnum, nitro, or specialty shells. I have some 2 3/4 inch 1 1/4 # 7.5 @ 1330. Good to go or not? Shot size is within rules and the velocity is pretty close to the same as the Nitro 27 or AA super sports. Load weight would be questionable. Should I pack them or not?

Going to send out a notification to clarify. We've set a less "arbitrary" criteria of 1300 fps or below. We hope this doesn't cause any issues for anyone.

Edited by JTMaddox

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Found it. I know the flight control was thing was changed but I am a little confused by magnum, nitro, or specialty shells. I have some 2 3/4 inch 1 1/4 # 7.5 @ 1330. Good to go or not? Shot size is within rules and the velocity is pretty close to the same as the Nitro 27 or AA super sports. Load weight would be questionable. Should I pack them or not?

If 1330 fps is specialty ammo for this match I shipped two cases of shells that I cant shoot. The seXRail likes it HOT!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Going to send out a notification to clarify. We've set a less "arbitrary" criteria of 1300 fps or below. We hope this doesn't cause any issues for anyone.
It's a little Late to send out clarification unless you have ammo for sale at the match. My shells shipped Monday. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Wait forget it mine are 1300 fps. Thought for a second they were 1330. Either way its a gay rule. Very IPSCish.

Agreed, it is a gay rule. You would think that just limiting it to 7-1/2 or small shot would be sufficient...until you hear some knucklehead bragging during a match about he just mangled a dozen of your mild steel shogun-only targets with his 1500 fps hand loads... Those targets looked almost like they were shot with a solid mass of lead instead of shot...

Wait forget it mine are 1300 fps. Thought for a second they were 1330. Either way its a gay rule. Very IPSCish.

Agreed, it is a gay rule. You would think that just limiting it to 7-1/2 or small shot would be sufficient...until you hear some knucklehead bragging during a match about he just mangled a dozen of your mild steel shogun-only targets with his 1500 fps hand loads... Those targets looked almost like they were shot with a solid mass of lead instead of shot...

What targets are you using? My MGM Steel handles 1550 flight control loads all week long while it drinks a beer and laughs at me.

Holy crap, here it is, one day before I leave, and I am just now finding out about slugs and buck? What rock have I been under? I guess I need to pay more attention to Brian Enos Forum.... LOL , Now I have to scramble... Wow, just Wow.

Oh, and for the record, I have no knowledge or recollection of any shotgun targets that may or may not have been mangled in or out of my presence. I am not the mangler [least not with a shotgun]. I have no comment on my rifle.

Edited by barrysuperhawk

I'm planning to bring most of a case of Rio low recoil 00 buckshot and some (30-40rds) low recoil 7/8oz Fiocchi slugs if anyone needs spme and couldn't buy it elsewhere.

I also have two 80rd ammo cans of Fiocchi 00 buck that isn't low recoil if any needs it.

I'm planning to bring most of a case of Rio low recoil 00 buckshot and some (30-40rds) low recoil 7/8oz Fiocchi slugs if anyone needs spme and couldn't buy it elsewhere.

I also have two 80rd ammo cans of Fiocchi 00 buck that isn't low recoil if any needs it.

That's nice of you to offer, I'm sure it'll help some folks out.

That ride back to KC will be a little easier after leaving a bunch of lead down in Sparta. :roflol:

You might want to top your tank off before crossing into Obama's home State, fuel's about $0.20 higher in Illinois. Last chance for fuel if you're taking Hwy. 255 across the Jefferson Barracks bridge is at Telegraph Road. (That's east of Hwy. 55)

Gasoline here on the east side is running $3.41 or $3.42, today. I don't know what it is right now in Missouri, but LikesToShoot is correct, it typically runs at least a dime but usually 20 cents cheaper in Missouri.

Maybe it was already mentioned in this thread.... There are plenty of "camping sites" available at the shooting complex with full hookups if you have an RV, 5th wheel, or pop-up trailer. There are also shower facilities.

I'm not shooting the match, so I might have some low recoil slugs and buck squirreled away. My place is on the way to the range.

This was a fun match. I thought 20 stages in 2 days would be scary, but they made it work!

We had to book to get home for JJ to go to work, but the facility is amazing!

The staff worked really hard and we got all our stages done!

Thanks to squad 8 for putting up with me as I was under the weather, and less energetic than usual! Special thanks to Chip and Dale...I mean Kip and Dale for ROing us! :roflol:

Thanks to Jeremy, Aaron, Ryan and the others who got this together and all the RO's and stats people.

Hope to see this one come back next year!

Denise and JJ

Wow! What a great match. I'm completely exhausted. I've got a twisted ankle, blisters, a burnt thumb and what I hope is diaper rash but I still have a smile on my face.

Thanks to Rob our fearless RO for keeping us going. Thanks to all the staff, Aaron, Ryan and Jeremy for getting a real match at a really awesome facility.

When do applications for next year come out?

Really wierd things happened when we posted this to Practiscore website. It shows something quite a bit different than the actual results on the master device (which we used for awards and shows everything correctly) We'll try to figure out what happened and get it reposted as quickly as possible.

Wow! What a great match. I'm completely exhausted. I've got a twisted ankle, blisters, a burnt thumb and what I hope is diaper rash but I still have a smile on my face.

Thanks to Rob our fearless RO for keeping us going. Thanks to all the staff, Aaron, Ryan and Jeremy for getting a real match at a really awesome facility.

When do applications for next year come out?

I did notice that diaper rash on your face but I don't think it was from a diaper?

We all had a fun time at the match! Thanks for all those that made it happen.

Just a suggestion, It might have been nice to have a food truck going around selling food for lunch.

THANK YOU to everyone who came out to shoot the First Annual Noric Components Practical Shotgun Challenge! We greatly appreciate your support of Gateway 3-Gun and our sponsors as we try to establish this match as the premier test of overall shotgun skill.

Nordic Components and all of our sponsors showed an unbeleivable amount of generosity for this match and we would like to once again thank them for everything they do to help support the shooting community.

We learned a TON our first year and will be having discussions with many of you that have shown interest and offered suggestions on how we can make this event even better next year. There were a few challenges and "learning experiences" along the way and some things that will be improved upon and done diferently in the future. Little things like perhaps a few more port-a-johns, having food brought out to the range instead of just at the restaurant, and a better map to a couple of the stages. And a few bigger issues that we have to address, like how heavily the clay target games ended up being weighted, and using static RO's to improve consitancy.

We greatly appreciate everyones patience and support while we learned all these first-year-match lessons. I encourage you to email or message me with any suggestions and comments that you may have.

We are very pleased that the general consensus seems to be that most people enjoyed the match and had a good time, but we want to make this match even better for you guys next year!