Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 G3G Practical Shotgun Challenge July 6-7 at The World Shooting Co

Our good friends at The Shooters Source have confirmed that along with their generous sponsorship they will be setting up a vendor's booth at the Nordic Components Practical Shotgun Challenge!! Make sure you stop by to take a look at all the great products they carry or to pick up anything you might need for the match!

web%20banner.JPG

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Mondo with Animal Customs, we are thrilled to be part of this event and have something really awesome lined up to show you. Not just your average Polo to be used for shooting. But an acual jersey built from the ground up for shooting.

182901_10151626712729429_1880833268_n.jp

Thanks

Mondo

Pleased to announce Animal Customs has just signed on as a sponsor for the match! Animal Customs

main%20header.png

Wooooo hoooo! I will be out there for Animal Customs, so if you need anything please let me know! Also shooitng in it so need all the help I can get there!

Thanks,

Dustin

Looking for a solution for recording your rifle dope, your shotgun choke patterning, which matches you attend and how many rounds you have through each of your guns? Need a tool for breaking down stages and developing your stage strategy? Impact Data Books has the answer and is now a sponsor for the G3G Nordic Components Practical Shotgun Challenge !!!

http://www.impactdatabooks.com

30 targets for each would be safe.

I'm in need of some 00. Any brand recommended or source that has in stock?

Thanks!

Steve

Federal Low Recoil with the Flight Control Wad... 8 pellet if you can find it but 9 will do.

30 targets for each would be safe.

I'm in need of some 00. Any brand recommended or source that has in stock?

Thanks!

Steve

Federal Low Recoil with the Flight Control Wad... 8 pellet if you can find it but 9 will do.

Thanks Tyler.

I found some here:

http://sgammo.com/product/12-gauge/50-rd-brick-12-gauge-federal-le13300-low-recoil-8-pellet-buckshot-flitecontrol-wad-

Steve

You can't use flight control ammo. Specified in the rules.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sure enough, right there on the front page:

4.1.4. Conventional wads only, no specialty long range wadding (i.e. Flight Control) is allowed.

So, I'm back in search of 00 Buck ammo. I found some Rio for a good price but it's Full power and may not feed in some guns.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Ammunition/Shotgun-Ammunition%7C/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/104567580/Rio-Buckshot-Ammunition/1595274.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshotgun-ammunition%2F_%2FN-1100191%2B4294751474%2B4294751476%2FNe-4294751474%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104567580%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104792580%253Bcat104691780%26WTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104691780%3Bcat104567580

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Winchester Ranger, is working and patterns well in my SLP,,,

be advised the RIO does NOT fit in the AP Custom caddies, RIO's roll crimp is a taste longer than most.

Edited by prc77

After careful consideration we have decided to remove paragraph 4.1.4

Flight control wadding has become so common that it would not be practical to exclude it from the match. The rules will be revised and re-posted and notification will be made to all competitors.

Thank you to everyone for your comments on this issue, your feedback is much appreciated!

Is there an estimate on ammunition count by type availible? I will have to have ammo shipped and would hate to find that something is hard to get or unavailible to ship in time.

thanks

350 Bird Shot, 30 Buck Shot, 30 Slug will be the minimum amount required to complete the match.

Has anyone recieved anything back acter entry? I just want to make sure im in as i already have tickets and a hotel! now to coordinate for ammunition to be sent to the hotel unless you can buy stuff there. Anyone know anything about that or stores in the area where you can buy ammo?

It's beginning to sound like if you miss this match you will regret it! A lot of great sponsors that are huge supporters of our shooting sports.

Couple questions:

Will their be any vendors coming and setting up booths during the match? I always love being able to meet the vendors and pick up their gear sans shipping.

Any hints on some of the stages? Highest round count stage? Jungle walks? I know there is a ton of space at Sparta between the bays, trap fields, and all of the rest of the areas of the park.

Thanks!

Tim

It's beginning to sound like if you miss this match you will regret it! A lot of great sponsors that are huge supporters of our shooting sports.

Couple questions:

Will their be any vendors coming and setting up booths during the match? I always love being able to meet the vendors and pick up their gear sans shipping.

Any hints on some of the stages? Highest round count stage? Jungle walks? I know there is a ton of space at Sparta between the bays, trap fields, and all of the rest of the areas of the park.

Thanks!

Tim

We will have a vendor area setup in the event center (air conditioned and adjacent to restaurant) and a couple of sponsors will be setting up on the range. I know The Shooters Source is planning on rolling out their new mobile setup and having a bunch of stuff available for sale at the match.

We are going to take full advantage of the venue and will have stages spread clear across the facility! Jungle run? You betcha... Highest round count stage? North of 30.... Be prepared to do pretty much anything you can do with a shotgun! This is going to be an awesome match and should be a ton of fun!