Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark All As Read

Graham Smith

It works for me to do it that way. It's fairly difficult with all the bells and whistles now on the forum. Could have been much simpler?

Also for what it's worth I am no longer seeing birthdays, etc in the right hand column and no emoticons are working for me on chrome

Mark all as read seems to be working on my Android phone but it is not marking a thread when I read through it. It keeps going back to the top and doesn't seem to remember where I left off last time.

Anybody else having this problem?

Mark all as read seems to be working on my Android phone but it is not marking a thread when I read through it. It keeps going back to the top and doesn't seem to remember where I left off last time.

Did you try clicking the circle or star next to the topic. The star indicates a thread that you have commented on, click on either star or circle takes me to the first post that I have not read.

Did you try clicking the circle or star next to the topic. The star indicates a thread that you have commented on, click on either star or circle takes me to the first post that I have not read.

DING DING DING.........WE HAVE A WINNER.

Edited by mjohn

DING DING DING.........WE HAVE A WINNER.

I did something, now it appears to be working.

Thanks!!

Edited by BMartens

Has anybody got any ideas about mark all as read? This is not working on two different machines for me.

Thanks!

Chuck

ETA: Make that 3 machines. MAAR does not work on my Nook Color either...

Edited by ChuckS

It works on both of my computers. I wish I could offer some advice, but it worked without doing anything. When you click on it, do you see the little pop up window? You have to select "Forums" or "Mark all as read" after you click on "Makr Community Read."

Here is a new observation: When I click VNC, it is returning about 9 pages of stuff. After I clicked mark all read, and do VNC, I still get 9 oages of stuff. Now here comes the new data: If I wait a while so someone updates a thread and I do VNC, the new thread is added to the list in a sort-of bold font. So, is this the way that it works now?

ETA: And the bolded threads have the "go to the first unread post" button, whereas the other threads that have been hit with mark as read do not have the button...

Edited by ChuckS

When you click "VNC" what is the setting on the left hand side? (Under "By time period") "Content I have not read" works best for me.

ETA: "Past 24 hours" returns 9 pages for me.

Edited by sperman