Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Tripp Research AR-15 magazine reviews

Fursniper

Anyone out there familiar with the performance and/or reliability of the 42 or 52 round AR-15 magazines by Tripp Research? A friend said that he thought for a high-cap AR magazine, these were the most reliable, especially compared to the Surefire quad stack magazines. Looks like the 52 rounder would make a good support for prone shooting too. Anyone used these? Doesn't seem to be much on the internet as far as reviews that I can find. Thanks for any feed back.

I tried contact multiple times but never got an answer. Since their place burned to the ground....hopefully that junk mag they sold me burned with it.

FYI for u guys

amex covers this stuff and u have a receipt and always sends registered mail confirmation needed

hope this helps in the future

unless ui used cash a c/c company will have a receipt dispute it and see can't hurt to try

jjw

amex covers this stuff and u have a receipt and always sends registered mail confirmation needed

hope this helps in the future

unless ui used cash a c/c company will have a receipt dispute it and see can't hurt to try

Yeah I'm familiar with the credit card dispute possibilities available.

It took Tripp 3-4 months to ship the mag after I had paid for it with a credit card. Along with the return time frame and their place burning down it was around 6 months total. It was way beyond the dispute period allowed by my credit card company.

Virgil is back up and running, google his web, contact them. Talk to Virgil or Shari, you might get a pleasant suprise. I,m sure they know there were some loose ends from that time and they are some of the most helpful folks I know.--------Larry

I've been running the 40 round CP Products/AR Stoner mags. They actually fit 42/43 and have been 100% reliable. They are too tall to monopod so I use the Magpul coupler on some Magpul 30 rounders when needed. Midway has the 40 rounders for around $16. I've had and seen too many of the nordic pmag extensions fail to use them any more. A couple folded in half when the guy went prone too quickly and a couple blew off coming out of a staging barrel. Then many of them were failing to feed rounds especially steel cases when I RO'd Fallen Brethren.

Anyone out there familiar with the performance and/or reliability of the 42 or 52 round AR-15 magazines by Tripp Research? A friend said that he thought for a high-cap AR magazine, these were the most reliable, especially compared to the Surefire quad stack magazines. Looks like the 52 rounder would make a good support for prone shooting too. Anyone used these? Doesn't seem to be much on the internet as far as reviews that I can find. Thanks for any feed back.

I have both the 42 and the 52. I've used them in competition for the last 5 years and never had a single problem. I don't use plastic mags in matches any more after several double feed issues. My Tripp 42 gets the most use, the 52 is kind of long. Since I shoot open I don't monopod off them, but they are very solid and I'm sure could take the abuse.

Doug

Thanks Doug, that's a great reccomendation. If you haven't experienced any problems or misfeeds after 5 years with the Tripps, well I'd say that's the acid test! I think I am going to get a 42 Tripp Reserarch mag and wait untill Surefire makes an anti-tilt follower for their 60 round quad stack version. I'd really like to have one of those but I remain amonst the unconvinced on the reliability issue......

I have a 42 and a 52. The feed lips split on the 42 and caused me much grief. I emailed Tripp and asked them about a replacement body. I also said I was willing to pay for it even though I had only had the mag for a less than a year. No answer after 6 months so I made my own mag body and it seems to work so far, but I am still afraid to try it in a match. In my opinion, the surefire is a better deal.

Wow, two back to back opinions of the Tripp mags that are 180 degrees from each other.....although I have heard from others that Tripp has been less than responsive to other purchasers of their products when they did experience problems. This makes me wonder.........

Holy crap, I just looked at their website. $119 for a 42 round mag?!?!? Just get these for $16.99

That said, Surefire seems to have figured out the problems with the 60 rounders. All of the competitors that came through my stage at Fallen Brethren using them, raved about how reliable the newers ones have been.

Just get one of the 40 rounders from midway for 16 bucks. Tripp is way overpriced mags are disposable and it's not worth 100 buck extra for 2 rounds over a 40. I have s c products and an old sudden death mag that works great

Edited by EkuJustice

Tripp research can be reached at 877-837-9445, 512-521-9445, PO Box 2240, Bastrop, Texas 78602. info@trippresearch.com

Talk to Aaron. Virgil is pretty much retired now. They quit making the high cap .223 mags due to the competition could produce

them cheaper. Aaron said he would like to have contact with those that had problems to work it out. They still produce pistol mags.

:)

Chota, well thanks for that one, that pretty much takes care of the problem and the choices for the Tripp AR mags. Suggest that Tripp remove the AR mags from their website!! Think I'm going to go with a C products 40 rounder for now while I think about that Surefire 60 rounder job. Thanks everyone for your input!!