Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I

underlug

Not completely on topic but I've always wanted to make a comped, dot sighted 8 shot revolver for Open. don't know if many shooters do that anymore, what with revolver division and all. I thought it would be a really cool thing to shoot though.

Ted

Bingo. Btw Ted, there are a couple comped 8-shots running in Open around here.. tough road going against the 28-round Supers though. You gotta do it for the fun of it (or be practicing for ICORE)

Revision of what rules?

10rds auto's are allowed in Production ... always have been. Why, on Earth, wouldn't an 8rds revo be allowed? Maybe they haven't built enough ... but JEEZ!

And, it's my understanding that the list is, and has been, in effect for some time now. And the S&W 627 is on it.

Is the list not yet in effect?

If not, how is it that, long before now, the XD had been Production-legal? :huh:

Bingo. Btw Ted, there are a couple comped 8-shots running in Open around here.. tough road going against the 28-round Supers though. You gotta do it for the fun of it (or be practicing for ICORE)

One of them must be Jaime Foote. I shot with him last year at the E. Texas Section/Steel match. Nice guy, and the first 8 shot scoped/comped Revo I had ever seen. He didn't place that bad in the Sectional either.

You gotta do it for the fun of it (or be practicing for ICORE)

For the fun of it. :) Plus I thought a gun such equipped would be a real fun gun to shoot. I tried a ported taurus 8 shot once and thought it was a hoot to shoot. Not sure I'd buy one for USPSA, (don't know that much about tauri) but I like the concept.

ICORE has a presence but it isn't much of one out here. doesn't help the few matches they do are on the same day as an IDPA match I run.

Blimey, me thinks me thread has been pirated away. Awwwwwwrrrr!. I find the Uspsa sight confusing. I called Sedro and the nice young lady there said I should contact my match director as she didn't know and couldn't figure it out. The question better stated is are the new production gun rules in effect now, prior to the invocation of the new rulebook? Also, you want to shoot production because you will not get penalized for shooting minor. I won't say anything about the nine shot arrays....I won't say anything about the nine shot arrays...I won't

The current (14th edition) USPSA rules don't dis-allow revolvers, but...

- there is the 2000 units produced hurdle

- all Production guns must fit in the Production box (225mm x 150mm x 45mm)

- holster and mag pouches must be worn behing the centerline

When the new rules go into effect the "2000 produced" and the "box" will be gone...replaced by an approved gun list. And the equipment position will be relaxed some (if you wear the holster on the centerline, then you should be able to get a couple of speed loaders in front of it and still be legal.

I suggested L-10 because of where the holster and moonclips or speed loaders can be worn on the belt. My arms are not long enough to get a moonclip from the center of my back in a timely fashion. I would need extendable arms to be able to shoot a revolver in production for a 32 rnd field course.

This makes for an interesting question.

If you are shooting a minor caliber revolver, like a .38 special- would you be better off in production where you won't get penalized for shooting minor, or would shooting with a 6 shot capacity in production cost you more overallthan being scored minor in revolver division?

Ted

I would shoot my 6 shot revolver in revolver class, regardless of power factor (I have a 625) and will shoot my 8 shot 627 in production. Just my take>Limited 10 punishes you re capacity and power factor. Just my take. I'm sure 2000 8 shots have been manufactured and it is on the approved list. I had a question whether my Miculek model (without the faux comp) would qualify because I doubted 2000 had been made of that subgroup. My argument will be an 8shot 627 is an 8shot 627 if I ever have to make it. I doubt that I would. I won't be hurting many people in production.

I would shoot my 6 shot revolver in revolver class, regardless of power factor (I have a 625) and will shoot my 8 shot 627 in production. Just my take>Limited 10 punishes you re capacity and power factor. Just my take. I'm sure 2000 8 shots have been manufactured and it is on the approved list. I had a question whether my Miculek model (without the faux comp) would qualify because I doubted 2000 had been made of that subgroup. My argument will be an 8shot 627 is an 8shot 627 if I ever have to make it. I doubt that I would. I won't be hurting many people in production.

I haven't been shooting that long ... but I've never seen "the box".

In voice of Starsky, incognito, "Do it, do it, do it!" shit-eatin.gif

If anyone says anything about it ... then that'll be the "measure of the man". ;)