Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No time left in the day for play

GentlemanJim

It seems I made a perfectly good hobby into a 12 hour a day seven day a week job :blink: :blink:

I cant remember the last time I had time to visit, read or play on the forum.

It seems so long ago we could shoot two local pistol matches and a ruger rimfire match each month.

Looking forward to a day when I am caught up with the work, and can spend so time just relaxing.

For now I am giving all effort to developing new parts to make current projects as good as possible for my customers.

The hate forum may not be the correct place to post this, I dont hate what I am doing, I love creating new stuff :cheers:

I guess I just miss some things, and people that I used to have more time for :(

It also seems odd that I am so driven to create in metal those things that lurk in the inner most recesses of my mind :huh:

Am I alone out here....or are there kindred spirits out there as well?

Jim

Balance, Jim. Balance.

You're gonna suffer burn out if you don't find a way to balance things out. Family, Job, Hobby, Yourself. Not in any particular order.

I made the mistake of making a hobby I enjoyed into a job. Won't do that again.

It seems I made a perfectly good hobby into a 12 hour a day seven day a week job :blink: :blink:

I cant remember the last time I had time to visit, read or play on the forum.

It seems so long ago we could shoot two local pistol matches and a ruger rimfire match each month.

Looking forward to a day when I am caught up with the work, and can spend so time just relaxing.

For now I am giving all effort to developing new parts to make current projects as good as possible for my customers.

The hate forum may not be the correct place to post this, I dont hate what I am doing, I love creating new stuff :cheers:

I guess I just miss some things, and people that I used to have more time for :(

It also seems odd that I am so driven to create in metal those things that lurk in the inner most recesses of my mind :huh:

Am I alone out here....or are there kindred spirits out there as well?

Jim

This happens too easily. You want to do the best you can and be the responsible adult that sees to the customers that you see many as friends.

Some time must be taken for yourself and family to decompress.

Make some time to shoot that M1A, we're gonna shoot the He Man again! :roflol:

You are not alone - I've been doing the same thing for years. In a one man shop, division of labor simply means doing different things at different times. I'm sure if we hang in there someday we'll be famous and we can sell our signatures on eBay for $100 a copy and not have to work anymore. :cheers:

You made a metal Thai dancer with an unlimited supply of Tequila?

Hang in there buddy.