Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waste Management raising my rates

CZinSC

Why is this in the What I like section? Because WM raising their rates got me off my lazy ass to call Waste Industries that also picks up in my neighborhood and check their rates.

Not only will I get the same home and yard waste service, I will also get recycle pickups every other week ( wasn't currently getting that ), and my quarterly bill will be $19 less!!

Thanks for raising my rates Waste Management...you're the best! :cheers:

It's funny. I live in a small town (<3k people). We have a "transfer station" where we bring our trash, recyclables, hazmat, building materials, you name it. They even have a little thrift shop type set up where anyone can drop off stuff they don't what that's still useable for someone else to pick up. It's well laid out and organized. We pay a little bit in taxes every year to keep it running but most costs is recouped by the recycling.

Since almost everyone in town stops by the transfer station on the weekend anyone looking to raise funds or get signatures for a cause sets up a table at the transfer station. Yes, I buy girl scout cookies at the town dump.

I prefer this method to stinky garbage cans on the street corner or dumpster in the driveway. I think most of the towns in NH operate this way.