Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which powder scale ?

I want to order my XL650 from Brian... but i have a question on which powder scale . .. he has a Brian Enos scale & a Dillion scale.. there is only $5.00 difference..

my question... of the 2 above scales... which one should i order ?

thanks for your opinion

You did not specify a model for the Dillon but I am guessing if there is only $5 difference in price you are comparing their balance beam scale to the Digital scale that Brian offers. I am not knocking the Dillon as I have no experience with it. I do however, prefer a digital. When my 10 year old Dillon digital went down a couple of months ago I replaced it with the digital Brian offers and have been very pleased with both the service and the product. The item shipped very quickly and was delivered to me on the east coast a couple of days after ordering. The scale itself is nice and small. It is ready to go almost immediately after turning it on unlike my old scale which drifted for a few minutes as it warmed up. It also has held its calibration very well in the two or so months that I have owned it. I was originally worried about the fact that it was battery operated (did not have a way to plug it in), but the batteries show no signs of needing replacement after two months.

You did not specify a model for the Dillon but I am guessing if there is only $5 difference in price you are comparing their balance beam scale to the Digital scale that Brian offers. I am not knocking the Dillon as I have no experience with it. I do however, prefer a digital. When my 10 year old Dillon digital went down a couple of months ago I replaced it with the digital Brian offers and have been very pleased with both the service and the product. The item shipped very quickly and was delivered to me on the east coast a couple of days after ordering. The scale itself is nice and small. It is ready to go almost immediately after turning it on unlike my old scale which drifted for a few minutes as it warmed up. It also has held its calibration very well in the two or so months that I have owned it. I was originally worried about the fact that it was battery operated (did not have a way to plug it in), but the batteries show no signs of needing replacement after two months.

I copied this from brian's website.. he shows 2 digital scales..

BrianEnos.com HP Digital Scale $134.95

Dillon D-Terminator Digital Scale $139.95

i guess i should call brian... get the facts from the horse's mouth (so to speak)

thanks

The digital scale I was referring to (and purchased) is available at http://www.brianenos.com/store/be.scale_be.html

The price is $74.95. As I mentioned in the earlier post I've had it for a couple of months and have been pleased so far. It replaced the D-Terminator and seems so far to be a better scale for less money. To be fair though my version of the D-Terminator was 10 years old and perhaps they have improved it since I bought it. I don't anything about the HP.

I will say this. I have had no issues with my dillon digital scale but I would probably buy the other because of the lifetime warranty. According to the info posted on Brians page about the scale they will send you a new scale if it ever fails. That is hard to beat.

I will say this. I have had no issues with my dillon digital scale but I would probably buy the other because of the lifetime warranty. According to the info posted on Brians page about the scale they will send you a new scale if it ever fails. That is hard to beat.

Good point on the warranty. I had forgotten about that. FWIW, even though it was out of warranty Dillon offered to allow me to trade my scale in for a new at 1/2 price. I thought that was a reasonable offer and I'm not complaining considering the age of the unit. However, 1/2 of the cost of a new D-Terminator basically purchased the scale Brian was offering and the warranty was, as Sarge pointed out, better.

That does make it sort of a no brianer.

:D

A no Brianer. Now that's funny. :D

A no Brianer. Now that's funny. :D

Just caught that myself. cheers.gif

I bought the scale from brian. The problem I have is not the scale, it works, it is me. I am far to anal about powder weight. My next scale will be one of those magnetic sensor jobs for about 500-600$. Made the mistake of checking them out.... They weigh the granule of powder and give progressive readings while trickling. I know, I'm crazy and just loading pistol.

I prefer the balance beam scales over the electronic ones. Less problem and I think you get a more consistent result.

Me too. The reason for it may be (IS) rooted in advancing age and increasing resistance to change rather than shortcomings in the electronics that I have no desire to try.

Edited by aviatrix

• 1 month later...