Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-16

Flexmoney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone ever confirmed what the true HHF's are for the divisions? We shot this Sunday at our club and I did not realize on my hhf cheatsheet the #'s could be wrong.

I only needed 1 more good one to get the G card in Lim10, and I was hoping this one would be it. My match run was ruined by a hard cover hit, so I reshot it (a few times) to get a 8.6560hf. As many times as I shot it, I experimented with it. It was faster for me starting on the right, and finishing on the left. I think that is due to I'm righthanded and it is easier to get to that target vs. the left one. The last run I had when I knew I had it (according to my #'s) was 38pts in 4.39sec. I wonder if Open and Limited hhf's are swapped? That would be about right cause I think my heroic run is only worth a 97.379. I would love to see this one shot faster, cause that's all I got.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot this todayL-10, a few times. My 2nd run was 4.87 sec. with 36 points. I pulled a Delta on the right target. Anyway, if MM #'s are correct that should come in at 85.399% I hope so, since I shot like dog poop for the majority of the match.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Took this from left to right standing up.

Production 5.99 sec, down 12 points (4 A's, 2 C's, 2 D's) HF 4.6745

Looks like its going to be the one that gets me my B Card for Production.

I really don't care for the targets not canted towards the shooter.

Ummm, question. Are there two versions of this stage floating around? The one on the USPSA website says the top is to be 20 inches wide by 12 deep while the one at the top of this thread says 20 deep by 12 wide. I was getting ready to build this "cigar box" for our match tomorrow and was confused that the box described on the classifier sheet I just printed from USPSA's website was impossible to build. I'm going to build it to the specs of the one in this thread and hope that it's right. It's at least physically possible which is a good start.

• 1 month later...
Ummm, question. Are there two versions of this stage floating around? The one on the USPSA website says the top is to be 20 inches wide by 12 deep while the one at the top of this thread says 20 deep by 12 wide. I was getting ready to build this "cigar box" for our match tomorrow and was confused that the box described on the classifier sheet I just printed from USPSA's website was impossible to build. I'm going to build it to the specs of the one in this thread and hope that it's right. It's at least physically possible which is a good start.

I haven't looked at it John. But, I think the diagram at the start of this thread is a direct link to the "gif" image that is on the USPSA site. (And, I think you might ahve been the one that provided those gif's?)

Perhaps the pdf file and the gif are different now?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for everyone about CM 03-16.

How did you run the course. I have this one coming up in January, and am concerned about the outside targets. They seem very flat to the shooter and requiring a lot of lateral movement.

I am fairly new at this game, and this is my first time with a seated obstacle.

I am shooting this in L-10 and Revolver.

Thanks.

I could be wrong, but I believe they (USPSA) have changed the layout of this COF. Maybe check on the USPSA websiteto see if the layout they show is different as the one at the begining of this thread.

As it is, I just stood up, grabbed the gun and shot everything from where is was standing. Yes, you are shooting at a narrow profile of the target, but remember the highest area the bullet hole touches is what scores.

I checked on the layout, and it looks the same.

As shown the targets would only be 4 foot in front of the shooter, and 12 foot to the sides. As it is shown, that even seems to come VERY close to 180. The RO would have to be pretty snappy.

This will be an indoor range, and I figure that puts you firing directly at the side walls. The drawing doesn't designate any foul lines. So I must assume that we will go as you said.

Did you stay seated or stand? I will be shooting both L-10 and Revolver. I find in practice the L-10 doesn't matter, but the Revolver is a little easier to reload standing.

If you don't know what a Revolver is, watch the History Channel. They show them there sometimes. :)

For now in my practice though I will assume that the shooter is able to stand still and shoot.

Thanks again for the quick answer

There's nothing in the stage description that says you have to shoot while seated, so you can stand if you wish.

We elected not to run this one at our indoor range because of the side targets. I can easily imagine the walls (concrete block) taking a bad beating from the almost-perpendicular impacts of the rounds. Once that cratering starts, you could have a round come back up range or go through the wall completely. The neighbors might get miffed at that.