Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Noveske MG Championship

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a fun time. Made new friends and learned a lot (some lessons harder than others). Thanks for putting this on. Wish/hope we will be back next year. Colorado is a great state. Hopefully sanity will return soon to your leaders.

Thanks to James at Carbon Arms for answering questions and helping me order a new hand guard. Quad rails just don't work pushing through the ports.

• 2 months later...

I have talked to a few clubs and our local shooters about moving this match (to another state) for 2014. As of this point, based on the current state of the laws, I am still unsure. Running a major match in a location you can not be at for 10 or so days prior to set-up is a major roadblock. There are also significant financial hurdles as my goal with this match is to have a great shooting experience with no more than a $150 match fee.

Long story short, don't write off 2014 just yet, but it looks like if the legal issues are too great, the Noveske Area2 match won't fly in 2014. If that is the case, then I will likely run a CO state MG match, lower entry, 8 stages and a day and a half format. There is also interest in doing a mid-level shotgun match, so that might be on tap as well.

The good news is that the 100 and 200 yards berms did get completed and we have used them in local matches.

I'm really hoping this match moves to Nebraska, Kansas, or Oklahoma. I really enjoyed this match this spring and was really looking forward to shooting it next spring.

For the record, I would be willing to pay more than $150 for this particular match!

This was absolutely a wonderful match, and this community will lose something excellent if it moves too far away.

Is Raton an option, or are they already kind of heavily taxed with RM3G/HM Nationals? Or, geographically, does New Mexico just not work as well?

Raton is WAY to high of a price tag for me to even consider it at this point. Albuguergue is an option as is UT, NB, OK. But I still need 2 or 3 people that live there to make it work (and willing to work for 4 to 5 days for about $1 a day). :)

Here's a vote for Albacracky...that'd be sweet. Have you looked into the city range? I haven't been out, but I know that's where they host the NRA Police Nationals, which includes a 3gun event...huge week long competition for hundreds of competitors and competitive shooting teams.

If there is no Noveske, I would love to have a state match. Heck, if the Noveske match would have to move out of state, I would still like a state match but I also know that would be a ton of work and you already do a lot Mark. I would definately shoot the shotgun match. And I appreciate the fact that you are trying to keep the match fee at $150. I think it makes shooting a big match doable for a lot of people that otherwise might not have the chance. And if it can't be held in Colorado, Nebraska would get my vote.

Edited by bullpup

This match was one of the best 3 Gun matches I have ever shot. And I have shot a lot over the last few years. I understand Mark's hesitation about the location and I hate it for Colorado that new laws make this problematic. I remember thinking as we drove away that it might be the last one. There was a lot of thought and originality put in the stages. I don't know how Mark could do it in another state. Coming from the east, this match was such a pleasure to get to, as it was from California. Like so many things in life, just when you think it's perfect, something kicks you in the ass. Great match, great location, don't know if it can be duplicated.

• 2 months later...

We WILL have the Noveske match in Colorado in 2014. They can't beat us! Of all the shooters I queried, a sum total of 2 said they would not attend in Colorado due to the political issues. A HECK of a lot more, especially our local folks who only make 1 or 2 matches a year said they could not make it in another state. Some can't make RM3G in 2014 due to the length and or cost and so this match is their only chance, so yes, it is on. Date has not been finalized, but it will not conflict with a 3GN match, nor a major if they keep the same dates.

We are also in the early stages of putting a shotgun only match together in Colorado that will have the same kind of feel to it as the Noveske match.

Edited by MarkCO

• 4 weeks later...

I'll get a thread going on the 2014 match soon, but the dates look to be August 29-31, 2014 at Colorado Rifle Club.

USPSA Area 2 Championship, 10 stages, $150, 1/2 day shooting format.

I'll get a thread going on the 2014 match soon, but the dates look to be August 29-31, 2014 at Colorado Rifle Club.

USPSA Area 2 Championship, 10 stages, $150, 1/2 day shooting format.

weekend after the Pro-Am.

If I don't get into the Pro-Am, you can definitely count me in for this match again. Unfortunately, I cannot make both matches and maintain my marital status with 3 young kids.