Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bragging sandbaggers

vluc

I have taken the option to not attend any major matches untill I recieve my B card.

I'm glad I didn't do that too ... I'd never, ever get to shoot a major match if I were waiting for a B card to arrive in the mail! :lol:

I know some folks get nervous on classifiers and they tend to tank a classifier once in a while, and I can understand that. On the flip side, I have (only twice) seen a known or suspected sandbagger slow down on classifiers just enough to stay in class, but shoot well enough to gather up enough match points so as not to jeopardize the win in their class. That kind of behaviour is pretty bush league.

As for the "paper masters", tightloop pretty much nailed that one. The stand and shoot classifiers have little to do with performance on a long field course. I am not the fastest at sprinting 15 yards to a low port then squatting down until the family jewels are dragging on the ground. However, I can shoot the Mini-Mart, or an El Pres. or Front Sight in 5 seconds and change.

I am the first to admit my five M cards are not a good predictor of possible overall match performance. I guess I am cursed by being able to stand in Box A and shoot faster than a rabid dog can slobber. :wacko:

the C on my card is a badge of shame untill i can get to B....

im doing pretty good, i get about 95 percent of the HF limited B shooters get on the same stages...

C class is a good starting point, but i dont think any healthy shooter should be proud of C, kinda like a C on report card...shame.

there is a local shooter that shot area 4 at nearly 60 percent, but claims he should be in D open......sandbagger wannabe or idiot??

I think they should do away with D class and list everyone under 40 percent as unclassified... kinda give them a little incentive to get classified better.

thats just my 2 cents

I think we all have seen and know who the sandbaggers are. In my neck of the woods we have a shooter who consistently shoots in the 75% range on most all of the stages except the classifier, 50-55% would be a high classifier, and if we have a special classifier match in the area you can bet this person won't be there. So what do you do to the few that abuse the system? :angry:DOG them, SHAME them, what ever it takes, it's our sport. Just my 2 cents worth.

If everyone at the range knows this guy is a sandbagger, what you should do is go get some sandbags and place them around his car.

Back when I was doing collegiate cycling, my teammates did this to one guy. He was a junior national champion in duathlon, but started racing in the lowest category. He won every race he entered for a while. Then after the sandbag incident, he moved up 2 categories and still won.