Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Extensions ....

lawboy

Yes. You need the short ones to make 140mm. i've gotten them to hold 23 with a bolen follower and spring.

What squirrels said.

the short pad on the SP01 mag fits the 140 gauge.

the long pad is for the 16rnd mag to fit the gauge.

with some love on the springs and followers you can get 23-24 rounds in the stick.

24.... master jedi you must show me the way, lol. at 23 i'm just a couple mm from binding up..

Okay. Good to know. I bought a long one just because I want to use it with my ccw! :rolleyes:

Will order a couple short ones later when I need some parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Bolen is no more, they are now Taran Tactical Innovations. I got everything I needed from CPWSA.

http://cpwsa.com/Taran%20Tactical.htm

burningsquirrels, talk to me about this gun you're shooting in the second clip? so little muzzle flip, is it an SP01 9mm? Do you just have the iron grip of a teenage boy with a stack of Playboys? I must know!

i didn't realize it played a whole queue of videos, lol.

that's an older video and is kind of skippy. it's an sp-01 in 9mm. the CZ itself has very little recoil, and works well for me. if you go to my youtube channel (ffoem) i have

taken with better cameras. i am currently shooting a 142 PF load with a 125 grain bullets over titegroup.

So do you keep the pistol so still by technique alone? Sorry to ask such a noob question, but I've only been shooting practical pistol for two months now. I used to shoot 25M Rapid Fire with a ported .22 short with target loads traveling 630FPS, so recoil control is something new to me. All my center fire shooting has been bullseye style: relaxed, leaned back, just rolling with the recoil.

i didn't realize it played a whole queue of videos, lol.

that's an older video and is kind of skippy. it's an sp-01 in 9mm. the CZ itself has very little recoil, and works well for me. if you go to my youtube channel (ffoem) i have

taken with better cameras. i am currently shooting a 142 PF load with a 125 grain bullets over titegroup.

This is what my Rapid Fire pistol looks like, so you don't really grip the gun, it grips you.osp1.jpg

it's a combination of grip technique and grip strength. CZs can be grabbed higher than other guns, so i take advantage of that. i crush the hell out of it, but leave my index finger nice and loose so it does not affect my trigger pull. probably the best resource for grip technique is that

on youtube.

• 2 years later...

Bringing this thread back to life (hopefully).. I am using the new spring and follower from CZ Custom and their basepad extensions on the factory 18 round mag.. and I am getting 22 rounds.. 23 if I really really really try to squeeze the last one in there.. any advice on getting 23 easy or even the magical 24?

Also I have one mag that seems to get caught up, as in the follower gets stuck half way down the tube and the rounds dont feed up.. thats another problem all together im sure.

• 1 month later...

I know it's an old thread, but Jukez, have you had any luck with your magazines? I'm about to pick up a couple of extensions, and want to know the best combination.

Also, I'm just guessing here--but is the only difference between some of the CZ / Mecgar magazines just the follower? IE, are the 17 round mags the same length as the 16 round mags, they just have a newer follower that is shorter, thus giving an extra round? And it looks like the 19 round mag is just the same mag body, with a shorter follower and a plus 2 extension on it?

Thanks