Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your fav Lube?

Sleepswithdogs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been testing the product called FireClean this year on my competition Predator 15. I am no longer scraping carbon off the carrier, bolt and firing pin. The stuff does work. For all my handgun stuff I use my own proprietary blend that I may put back on the market.

Amsoil 0w-50 and their full synthetic red chassis grease. the best comparison I have personally done between mobile1, castrol syntech and amsoil is using it for resizing rifle brass. On .223, I have to oil every other case with mobile1, every 3rd with castrol and about every 6 or 7th with amsoil before the cases get sticky in the die. I have used them all on some full auto stuff too and the amsoil stays wet and doesnt burn off as fast as the others. I use the lightweight chassis grease like slide glide, looks the same, a fraction of the price, not as stringy as slide glide, but wear pretty much stopped in the high friction areas of the guns i use it on.

I've never been one to really care too much about what lube I used. Usually, I used whatever was on hand. Eezox worked well for me, especially in sandy/ dusty areas.

A couple of weeks ago I started using Fireclean... Holy smokes.. This stuff is crazy good. My guns function much smoother and clean up without having to use solvents and scrapers to remove carbon. I've been telling people about it and get the same looks I usually give someone when they tell me about the cool new thing they discovered.

I haven't tried all the lubes out there, but I am extremely impressed with Fireclean and don't know how anything could be better. The only negative I can think is how it may hold up in dusty areas, as I have been running it fairly liberally (wet) on everything. It may not run as well with all the excess wiped off, I don't know yet.

Oh, and just in case I sound like a salesman, I have no affiliations whatsoever with the company!

Edited by winmagfrog

Recently been using Fireclean on everything and its been the best thing so far. Been in regular touch with those guys sending in reviews and tests and they have been liking what's been done with it.

winmagfrog, I've been doing tactical carbine and pistol classes down in NC, also at work (local range), and some of the ranges are rather dusty or muddy (depending on weather), its seems that Fireclean is best in two phases: 1) as a cleaner, clean all parts of carbon and foul and also any risdual from other lubricants, 2) after that is done, use as a conditioner as it seems Fireclean creates a slick film barrier that impermiates into the metal. From what Ed told me, a few drops is enough to lubricate parts (AR bolts in particular) to be used as a lubrcant, any more than that is more of a waste. From at a small tactical carbine tranining class, we ran over 500+ rounds in one day and had no issue with dust with that amount of lubrication, especially after when our ejectors were inches from the dirt (under barricade shots). Still, a point of mind was to still clean the thing afterward.

Heck at FNH, a lot of people were extremly happy with Fireclean with the MANY free bottles they handed out, and it was a little dusty.

Edited by KTKlaus

Slide glide on my glocks and motor oil for everything else. I run my 2011, Benelli and AR pretty wet and have never had any issues.

I did just order some fire clean after reading all the rave reviews. I'm finishing up my new 3gun ar build and ill throw some fire clean on that virgin rifle and see how it does.

I haven't tried all the lubes out there, but I am extremely impressed with Fireclean and don't know how anything could be better. The only negative I can think is how it may hold up in dusty areas, as I have been running it fairly liberally (wet) on everything. It may not run as well with all the excess wiped off, I don't know yet.