Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MrMuscleBilly from IL new guy on the block

MrMuscleBilly

Hey guys,

I'm MrMuscleBilly real name is Bill. I have a youtube page (same name as username) where I show all kinds of different self defense gun vids and a fellow youtuber Johniac7078 turned me on to this fourm. I have been shooting seriously for 5 years and went to a couple of gun classes to better my shooting skills. Everyone tells me I should do competitions but I never pursued it cause of work, school, or whatever just making excuses. I feel like now is the time I should do this for real. Hopfully you guys will welcome me and we can have fun, learn and help each other out. Thanks you and have a good day.

Welcome Bill!

What type of competition shooting are you looking to get involved? USPSA, IDPA, 3 Gun? I'm in the Springfield, IL area and belong to the Springfield Tactical Shooters Club where we shoot USPSA. Unfortunately with work and kids activities I don't get to shoot in competition very often. But it sure is a lot of fun when I am able to make it.

What part of the state are you located?

Joel

To answer the two replies I'm located in the Northern IL area Chicago, Elgin, Rockford area. Also my answer to Jgus I think I will start off with IDPA CDP and/or USPSA single stack. Have a SW1911 that I modified and shot alot of it, and I have the most trigger time with a 1911 over the years. Do own MP's, Berettas, and AR type rifles but I feel the most proficient with a 1911 for competition wise. I am Aiming more towards a basic type 1911 where I don't need speed holsters or red dot sights. Hopes this answers some of your questions.

To e-mishka

Thanks for the link. I noticed the zombie shoot at Mt. Carrol Oct 20, I signed up for that. Thats where I took most of my shooting classes at. When it used to be Impact and Eric Davis was running the show. I took both the Speed Shooting classes with Pete Milionis. He's the one that told me I need to do this competition stuff. I will probably join the McHenry IDPA Club and/or McHenry IPSC (MISS.) Pinetree is out of the way for me plus they want alot of time and money to join thier club. Check out my youtube page and feel free to pm me some videos or whatever. Thanks

Well, be prepared, because once you start shooting competitively you're hooked! You will have so much fun with it you will wonder why you waited so long to do it.

I normally shoot Limited and Single Stack in USPSA. While I focus most on Limited, the most fun I have shooting is with Single Stack.

Welcome, lucky for you that you live in Illinois. Many great matches and shooters every where. Don't forget to check out some awesome clubs in Northern Indiana, Porter comes to mind.

Edited by Chris iliff

You pretty much live in the middle of the best place for IDPA/USPSA competition(in my opinion)

You can shoot USPSA every Sunday during the spring/summer/fall.

1st Sunday...

Pine Tree Pistol Club in Rockford, IL

North Porter Couny CC in Chesterton, IN.

2nd Sunday

Shultz Rod & Gun in Muskego, WI

Oak Park Sportsmans Club Plainfield, IL

3rd Sunday.

Ocnomowoc Sportsmans Club in Ocnonomwoc, WI

4th Sunday.

Tri County Gun Club in Polo, IL

NISA @ Shultz's Range in Muskego, WI.

And for year round...

Pine Tree Pistol Club 1st Sunday of the Month.

Pine Tree Pistol Club Thursday night house matches EVERY Thursday.

Excel Training Group hosts IDPA and USPSA matches at Article 2 in Lombard the 3rd and 4th Tuesdays of the Month.

Shoot me a PM for more info/if you want to meet up at a match sometime... I'm about 8 miles NW of O'hare.

Mike.

Edited by mikeg1005

You pretty much live in the middle of the best place for IDPA/USPSA competition(in my opinion)

You can shoot USPSA every Sunday during the spring/summer/fall.

1st Sunday...

Pine Tree Pistol Club in Rockford, IL

North Porter Couny CC in Chesterton, IN.

2nd Sunday

Shultz Rod & Gun in Muskego, WI

Oak Park Sportsmans Club Plainfield, IL

3rd Sunday.

Ocnomowoc Sportsmans Club in Ocnonomwoc, WI

4th Sunday.

Tri County Gun Club in Polo, IL

NISA @ Shultz's Range in Muskego, WI.

And for year round...

Pine Tree Pistol Club 1st Sunday of the Month.

Pine Tree Pistol Club Thursday night house matches EVERY Thursday.

Excel Training Group hosts IDPA and USPSA matches at Article 2 in Lombard the 3rd and 4th Tuesdays of the Month.

Shoot me a PM for more info/if you want to meet up at a match sometime... I'm about 8 miles NW of O'hare.

Mike.

Oh man lots of places to choose to go. Thanks Mike I will pm in the near future.

Welcome to the forum - If you're planning on shooting with MISS or McIDPA, give me a shout out. I learned to shoot from John Krupa and Pete Milionis too!

McIDPA shoots the 23rd this month, starting at 6~6:30.

See you there!

Welcome to the forum - If you're planning on shooting with MISS or McIDPA, give me a shout out. I learned to shoot from John Krupa and Pete Milionis too!

McIDPA shoots the 23rd this month, starting at 6~6:30.

See you there!

I never trained with John, but I heard alot about him though. Pete is really cool, laid back, and a good instructor. I don't know if you know but Pete is running "The Hollow Training" in Mt. Carrol IL. I am going to his zombie shoot in October 20th. If you see a big guy with the blue 2012 Mustang that will be me. I hope to meet you someday.

Edited by MrMuscleBilly