Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some people will cheat at anything.

Youngeyes

8 women are charged with attempting to throw a badminten match in the Olypmics. Really? Badminten? Must be the worst case of athletic fixing since the 1919 Chicago Whitesox world series. Those Olympic commitees are really earning their salaries on this one. I hate cheats but I hate petty cheats even more.There has to be a special circle in hell for dumbass petty cheaters. :angry2:

Can't agree more. BUT, the system sets them up for it.

They look at the wins losses for the other teams going into the final round and they decide who they want to meet. So wrong. The thing is they set the system up so that everybody gets three games, soccer and hockey and a bunch of other sports are doing the same thing. Can't have the losers going home after one match, after spending all that money on setting up that pretty stadium.

Can't sell enough tickets if 32 teams only play 30 games in a knockout drag race style competition, when we can get 96 games in the round robin and then go to the top 16 who play off from there and get a further 16 games. Total now 112. Simple money.

BTW I am also counting the playoff for bronze in my totals.

I also hate cheatersangry.gif

What happened at the Olympic badminton tourney sounds like sand-bagging. I dislike sandbagging, but I wouldn't put it in the same class as cheating.

USPSA and the Badminton assoc are both at fault for making rules that benefits sandbaggers sight.gif

sandbaging is not a kind word.

sandbaging in Sporting Clays is Cheeting under the rule book, I feel like all rule books should use it.

I couldn't agree more.

If your sandbagging on purpose then your cheating. Your trying to stay in a class you can win so you can win against that competition. I know we throw the wording around jokingly a lot when people are shooting above their class but there are those out there that do it on purpose.....:angry2:

I dont see how this is any different than gaming a stage.

How many of you have shot a stage exploiting something that you or someone else on your squad noticed that the stage designer never thought of - to gain a advantage?

This is roughly the same thing.

The point of going to the olympics is to win - plain and simple. If the IOC has setup the match in such a way so that its better for the spectators than for competition, can you really fault the competitors for taking advantage of it so they can win?

The story of Olympic cheaters was to louse and go into a lower skilled class and get moved to the finals.

But comparing Cheating to Gaming stages?

its not even close by a mile to the same as Gaming a stage. Gaming a stage is not cheating. breaking Rules is not part of Gaming stages.

If someone breaks a rule to win at anything they are Not winners. a cheater has in invisible Tattoo that shows up every time they look in a mirror

Its like someone that pisses in a hot tub to warm up the water, I don't want to be near it or in it

yes I feel strong about it. I get beat by many shooters, I can get some joy out being beat by some-one I can respect.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Dayumn..... From one day to the next we go from Badminton to "gaming" a stage....?

"gaming".... LOL....Wish I could remember the movie where to big dimwitted guy gets his clock cleaned by the smarter (and better looking)fellow and resentfully blurts out. "Duh...He tricked me..." :devil: