Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bruce Gray work

Vipers

gray Guns does great work. I've had several projects that have all been great! Buy with 100% confidence!! :cheers:

I had a much different experience :sick:

You appear to be the only one. Plus you seem to enjoy searching around looking for a chance to make your claim.

I have 10 guns that have been worked over by GGI as well as several guns built/worked on by several other well known gunsmiths. I have never once seen an issue with GGI's work and I have had first hand experience with many GGI guns beyond my own.

I am with Staudacher. Bruce Gray and GGI has done an excellent job on anything of mine that he has touched. Since I am Sig orientated.. that is a few pistols. On top of that he is an outstanding individual who stands behind what he does.

gray Guns does great work. I've had several projects that have all been great! Buy with 100% confidence!! :cheers:

You appear to be the only one. Plus you seem to enjoy searching around looking for a chance to make your claim.

When I get good service I tell everyone that I did. When I get poor service, poor workmanship, and a poor response, I tell those that did the work. When the complaint falls of deaf ears, I tell everyone every chance I get so the buyer can make their own decisions.

I am very happy you have had good luck. I know others that have also. I spent over $600 and had to send the gun to the Sig factory to get it to run. Last straw was when it would not reset.

I have been self employed for over 20 years. In that time, I have done everything possible to prevent poor workmanship. Sometimes things happen and I understand that. How the mistake or poor work is addressed is the mark of a good business man. I have always been able to satisfy my customers sometime to the point I lost money on the job. In this case, I lost money on poor workmanship. If you think I am supposed to accept that and sit silently by, you Sir, are mistaken.

Had GGI offered to make this right at any point, I would probably be singing their praises also.

I will repeat my original, I had a much different experience than the poster I quoted.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

• 3 weeks later...

When I get good service I tell everyone that I did. When I get poor service, poor workmanship, and a poor response, I tell those that did the work. When the complaint falls of deaf ears, I tell everyone every chance I get so the buyer can make their own decisions.

I am very happy you have had good luck. I know others that have also. I spent over $600 and had to send the gun to the Sig factory to get it to run. Last straw was when it would not reset.

I have been self employed for over 20 years. In that time, I have done everything possible to prevent poor workmanship. Sometimes things happen and I understand that. How the mistake or poor work is addressed is the mark of a good business man. I have always been able to satisfy my customers sometime to the point I lost money on the job. In this case, I lost money on poor workmanship. If you think I am supposed to accept that and sit silently by, you Sir, are mistaken.

Had GGI offered to make this right at any point, I would probably be singing their praises also.

I will repeat my original, I had a much different experience than the poster I quoted.

I am very familiar with the GGI customer service policy and based on that I have to say you must not be telling the whole story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bruce has designed and built 4 custom guns for both myself and my father and I currently have 5 more for him to build or improve upon. These are pistols i've purchased from other well known smiths who's work left me wanting.

Honest and in my opinion underpriced, a brilliant artisan and craftsman. I'm very proud to call him my friend.

• 1 month later...

I also wanted to add that I just recieved my pistol back and all I can say is WOW. What a difference. The trigger is amazing now in my 226. Really looking forward to this upcoming season of 3-gun now. Can't beat a 5 week turn around, with the holidays in there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm probably a very good setup but i have felt the sig srt and it's good enough for me. 50 bucks for srt kit plus the 30 bucks grays spring kit is more in my price range compared to 280 for the gray crrap setup plus I don't have to send my pistol and wait for four weeks. But thanks for letting me know about it

• 1 month later...

I had a trigger done on a X5 Allaround that can be described as like butter... These X5's had some difficult extraction issues. Bruce bent over backwards to get my gun running properly. He hand wrote me a two page letter educating me on what was going on with it and what he had done to reduce the capers with it... he earned my respect.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I also wanted to add that I just recieved my pistol back and all I can say is WOW. What a difference. The trigger is amazing now in my 226. Really looking forward to this upcoming season of 3-gun now. Can't beat a 5 week turn around, with the holidays in there.

I've had three P-series guns that have all had GGI fatrods and spring kits. I might just have the RRCD package done to my new-2-me 226 Stainless come tax time. I might just have it refinished in superblack too. The GR I had with that finish never showed any signs of wear. I think it's much tougher than nitron

I don't believe the poster who claims Bruce Gray didn't stand behind his work.

I have a problem with that claim as well. However, there's always two sides to every story - all we hear on the forum is some anonymous poster calling himself Round_Gun_Shooter making a claim of poor service from a Gunsmith calling himself - Bruce Gray - I happen to know Bruce Gray, I've never heard of Round_Gun_Shooter.

Bruce and Company certainly doesn't need me to defend their name - their actions [pun intended] speak for them. That said, Gray Guns has worked over several of my guns - that last being the Sig X-Five I compete with. As of last Saturday, it has over 5000 rounds through it since GG worked on it and it has been absolutely flawless - not one failure.