Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

para p16 magazines

tac328

Does anyone know where to find p16 magazines that actually fit and work? I tried the mec-gars but they do not fit in my p16 too short length wise.

I've been looking and searching never found any.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my Para's 10+ years - factory P16/40 magazines were easier to get (if more expensive) before the ban expired. I think I have all I can use but I often click and come up empty when doing my survey. I just hit Para Pro Shop and they show base pads - I found HiCaps - only 12 and 14 rounds 45's came up at Para just now. During the ban I did CDNN at $100 each - I see 9mm and 45 only at CDNN the many times I have looked in recent years. I just scanned the current PDF catalog at CDNN and again only P14 and P18 - and as noted above Meggar in 15 round in the CDNN pdf. I've never used anything but Para and had good performance.

Edited by defragster

• 3 weeks later...

I too tried Para and they were unhelpful. I am getting to the point where I am going to have to stop shooting. I heard the mec's were too short but ordered one to see for myself and they indeed are quite a bit too short. I have come up with pure zeros in every search and now I want to find and create a stockpile. I love my P16 but without enough mags its not real usefull.

Retread, if you want to sell me some of your extra tubes PM me!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Para Pro Shop has a odd website. If you work at it you can get double stack .40 for P 16 from Para. The last couple that I got were a little wide, just put them in a vise added a little pressure. work great now. I reshape all of my P16 mags so they will drop out of the frame with just the tube, no spring,no follower, no basepad. It sure makes faster reloads.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an STI Tactical 5.0 in .40s&w and have several STI mags for it.

I also have a Para P16-40 Limited that came with two mags. I had read on this forum that the STI mags will run in the Para.

So I tried it, and it works great. I now only run my STI Mags in the P16-40. The slide will not lock back after the last round for all the mags, but will on about half the mags. But I can live with that. The gun using STI mags has been 100% reliable.

I've also got a Dawson stainless steel magwell on the P16-40 and the STI 140mm mags fit perfectly in the magwell. So that saved me some money as I didn't have to buy extended basepads for the two para mags, but I will at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

sti mags will not drop free from my para <_<

They won't for me either, unless there's still a round in them. Haven't investigated yet.

Not sure why, but I don't have that issue. I have 8 STI mags and they all drop free from my Para P16-40 Limited. It was manufactured in 2011, so maybe that has something to do with it vs older models? I don't know, just speculating.