Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miami Rifle and Pistol Club

dcarter

I didn't know where to post this so I'll add it here.

As some of you may know I was the MD for USPSA matches at MRPC for the last few years. As of today I am resigning my position. I have been dealing with burnout for a long time now and don't see my desire coming back anytime soon. I have no idea what will happen to the matches at MRPC only that I will not be a part of them. I wanted to thank everyone for the great times and I hope I will get back some of the desire that I once had.

Dan Carter

Edited by dcarter

Dan,

Let me be the first to thank you for all that you have done. I appreciate all the time and hard work that you put into every monthly match as well as the State matches.

If nobody steps up and if it is OK with all concerned I plan to assume the role of MD.

Matches will continue at MRPC one way or another.

Again Dan, Thank you and take some needed time off. You have certainly earned it.

I didn't know where to post this so I'll add it here.

As some of you may know I was the MD for USPSA matches at MRPC for the last few years. As of today I am resigning my position. I have been dealing with burnout for a long time now and don't see my desire coming back anytime soon. I have no idea what will happen to the matches at MRPC only that I will not be a part of them. I wanted to thank everyone for the great times and I hope I will get back some of the desire that I once had.

Dan Carter

Dan,

You did an outstanding job building and running the monthly matches! What you did for the Buckeye Challenge and Ohio State matches will be a tough act to follow.

Thanks for all you did. Job Well-Done!

:cheers:

Dan,

You have consistently put on some of the best matches around. You will be sorely missed as the MD. Thank you for all the time and dedication you have given us over the years.

Kevin,

Kudos to you for stepping up to the plate. I have no doubt you will be able to successfully continue Dan's efforts to put on great matches and build the sport.

Dan,

Big loss for all of us that shoot at MRPC. Sunday matches have been great and challenging. The USPSA match attendance has grown by leaps and bounds since you were MD.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

Larry

Hope to see you around again by the time I get back to shooting!

Thanks for keeping us safe at the Red Hot Chili Pepper concert too!

Don't let the burn out get your down though...I had the same when running a bunch of bike races/club...happens to the best

:cheers:

Edited by -JQ-

Dan,

You set the bar pretty high. With everything pulling at you, you gave MRPC your full attention always. Thanks for the fun matches you put on. I know I learned a lot from you .

Jay

Thank you Dan for everything you've done for the past (almost) year I've been shooting there. You and Andy were extremely helpful when I was new to the sport and helped me tremendously. I really hope you'll continue to shoot the matches though!

As for Kevin, I believe he'll be a great MD! Following Dan is going to be extremely tough, especially for the state match, but Kevin can do it!

PS. Dan, apparently you didn't mess me up too bad at last month's classifier, as it should bump me to B. Though, I don't know if I'll let my mother around you again. :roflol:

-Cody

Edited by polizei1

Dan,

I look forward to your return to the shooting world. Thank you for all that you did for the club and me. I thoroughly enjoyed our shooting trips. I am sorry to see both you and Dave leave the MRPC match process.

Colin

Thank you, Dan . . . and the entire crew, for two GREAT Ohio sectionals! Had it not been for those two matches, I would not of had the pleasure of meeting you.

I can not think of a better person to suffer in your place, er I mean take the lead, than Kevin Sanders :cheers:

My wife and I had a brief chance to talk to you after the Sectionals. You had one of your daughters picking up the good brass for you. :-)

We had a GREAT time, and appreciate the honor of experiencing one of your matches. We made some good friends there, and enjoyed the challenging and well organized event.

Have fun on your sabbatical. :-)

- chip & aya