Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson 47D's or ETM's

GlockCanMan

I know that a lot of 1911's can be finicky, but I am finding the ETM's a little easier to seat. I have been using both of them for a while and evaluating them. I believe that I like the ETM's a little better.

I know that a lot of 1911's can be finicky, but I am finding the ETM's a little easier to seat. I have been using both of them for a while and evaluating them. I believe that I like the ETM's a little better.

Get the ETM's and don't look back. I love them.

Get a couple of each and see which ones YOUR gun likes. Also consider which magwell you want to use. If you're using a Dawson Ice or Techwell XD, there are several extended basepads available for the 47D, but I'm only aware of one extended basepad for the ETM.

That said, the ETMs are a little easier to load into a closed gun when fully loaded.

I like the ETM's. I have used the 47D for years. I agree with the observation that the ETM seats easier in an empty gun. I have had issues with the follower in the ETM popping up and over the front of the magazine and being damaged when dropped during matches.

The Magazine I have found that runs well in my 4 1911's is the Cobra magazine from Tripp It is another option to look at. I am running them exclusively with no issues. I have run them with Smith and Alexander magwell and in a Caspian with the race ready frame. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got 6 47D's for my .40. All of them run flawless, no tweaks or bending, take 'em outa the bag and shoot 'em.

I have a single ETM that makes my 1911 go on strike. She absolutely hates it.

Smitty

Edited by Smitty4313

• 5 months later...

I own and use both. I only voted for the 47D because they're less expensive.

The ETMs are easier to load (not that either of them are any trouble).

The ETMs look better IMO.

I personally own 7-8 47D's and 3-4 ETMs.

Cost an issue I'd go with 47D, no cost issue go with ETM.

You wont go wrong with either, and if you do, I'll give you $20 for them. :roflol: