CB45 Range Diary

CB45

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2014 Indiana Section match is complete. I finished 1st Open M!

Kurt won high A class and Indiana Champion! He has been working hard and I am proud of him. Congratulations Kurt!

Working the match this weekend I realized how many folks I've befriended in this sport. I'm really lucky to have a great support group. Thanks to all who have made this such an enjoyable sport!

Thanks Zach!

I hit the range last night. I finally figured our why the action of my gun felt rough. I just thought there were some burrs somewhere. Turns out the slide was rubbing on the side of the ejector. I filed the side of the ejector until it cleared the slide. That gun feels smooth now!

I hit a new par time for the hands at sides Bill Drill. 1.5s Boom!

I'm figuring out how to pull the trigger faster.

Congrats man! Cool to watch that hard work paying off!

I hit the range last night. I finally figured our why the action of my gun felt rough. I just thought there were some burrs somewhere. Turns out the slide was rubbing on the side of the ejector. I filed the side of the ejector until it cleared the slide. That gun feels smooth now!

You mentioned ejection problems at the match... Could the ejector have gotten bent?

-rvb

Congrats man! Cool to watch that hard work paying off!

You mentioned ejection problems at the match... Could the ejector have gotten bent?

-rvb

Yes, it's possible. I think it's more likely that I didn't relieve the side of the ejector when I initially fit it. Its running well at the moment...

Wow, I shot a 38Super Open gun for the first time today (Thanks RVB). It is totally different than 9mm Grenade.

RVB has a basic Trubor STI with a slightly lightened slide. Even with no popel holes, it shoots flatter than my 9mm Trubor. I know some folks say that there isn't much difference between 9major and 38super, but after today I know that there is a difference. For some people it may not matter, but I believe everything matters.

Now I'm going to be a brass hunter...

Wow, I shot a 38Super Open gun for the first time today (Thanks RVB). It is totally different than 9mm Grenade.

RVB has a basic Trubor STI with a slightly lightened slide. Even with no popel holes, it shoots flatter than my 9mm Trubor. I know some folks say that there isn't much difference between 9major and 38super, but after today I know that there is a difference. For some people it may not matter, but I believe everything matters.

Now I'm going to be a brass hunter...

Cool! B)

For future reference, the other powder I used to load that I remember being slightly flatter than the imr4756 load you shot was with VVN105.

-rvb

9major will definitely work in Open. I've shot some very good stages with 9major equipment. I've also shot several 100% classifiers, both in practice and at a match.

9mm major has also given me more reliability issues than I can count. If 38 shot worse, but was more reliable, I'd still make this switch. At this point I just need a gun that will get me through major matches without stove pipes.

So practice tonight was good. I went back to speed mode and really worked on going faster. I'm going to get good at this.

The Tennessee Section match was a great match. Good stages and friendly staff.

I'm really happy with my 2nd day performance. I was able to come back from a poor 1st day, and finish 1st Open M, 2nd overall.

Also, I'm super pumped about how Kurt E. and Pat R. finished. 1st A and 2nd B, respectively. It is really cool to see peolpe get better, then see them reap the rewards. Congratulations!.

Our squad really cleaned house at the Tennessee Section.

Open Champ - Chris K

1st Open M - Me

1st Open A - Kurt E

1st Open B - Garris M

2nd Open B - Pat R

Open High Lady - Sloan T

2nd Limited M & 2nd Limited Overall -Steven S

I'm sure I've missed something, sorry.

Fun weekend!

post-38949-0-25776900-1412089288_thumb.j

Edited by CB45

The Tennessee Section match was a great match. Good stages and friendly staff.

I'm really happy with my 2nd day performance. I was able to come back from a poor 1st day, and finish 1st Open M, 2nd overall.

Also, I'm super pumped about how Kurt E. and Pat R. finished. 1st A and 2nd B, respectively. It is really cool to see peolpe get better, then see them reap the rewards. Congratulations!.

Our squad really cleaned house at the Tennessee Section.

Open Champ - Chris K

1st Open M - Me

1st Open A - Kurt E

1st Open B - Garris M

2nd Open B - Pat R

Open High Lady - Sloan T

2nd Limited M & 2nd Limited Overall -Steven S

I'm sure I've missed something, sorry.

Fun weekend!

Congrats to all of you. It was fun watching you guys burn it down.

I took a few days off from shooting. Range closure for a IDPA match and weddings over the weekend kept me away from practice. I did load ammo and clean up my reloading bench.

Finally got out to the range tonight. Felt really sharp and crisp behind the gun. I'll work on SHO/WHO and tight shot the next two days in preparation for the Illinois Section Sunday.

Edited by CB45

I won my first Level II USPSA Match, the 2014 Illinois Section. It was a fun match, but the range was a muddy mess. The unseasonably heavy rainfall left the range surface saturated with water. Stages were interesting. Nothing really too difficult, but not hosey either.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement. This year has been really incredible!

I've got two weeks to prepare for my last match of the year! Continue to get better.