CB45

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Ryan for the picture!

So this morning I had a thought. Sunday I shot 09-02 Diamond Cutter in 3.02s down 3 (HF 12.25), which should be around 99%.

The drill breaks down like:

1.3s Turn and draw

3ea-0.28s transition to partials

4ea-0.22s splits to partials

This sport / hobby pretty crazy.

Edited by CB45

Thanks Ryan for the picture!

So this morning I had a thought. Sunday I shot 09-02 Diamond Cutter in 3.02s down 3 (HF 12.25), which should be around 99%.

The drill breaks down like:

1.3s Turn and draw

3ea-0.28s transition to partials

4ea-0.22s splits to partials

This sport / hobby pretty crazy.

If you want the full resolution, PM me your email address.

Those are some great times considering the tight partials/no-shoots!

-rvb

I did it in 3.17 in Limited. With a dot and comp, I'd expect it to be well under 3.00 :)

If I drop another point, I'd need to be well under 3s.

Edited by CB45

Maybe, but I have a classifier to shoot at the Ohio State match. I'll probably shoot it around 85%. That will keep me classified M for a while :)

Thanks Chris Iliff!

After reviewing my classifier history, I figured out I am not close to making GM. I need 3 GM runs in order to bump. So that's good. I am 8 years and 950,000 rounds behind Max M. and Eric G. so I'm OK with staying classified M for a while.

On to a more interesting topic. I began working on shooting on the move with targets beyond 12yds. I'm learning that dropping points may be worth the ground gained by shooting on the move. I believe stage design will most often dictate when shooting on the move is applicable. Being able to shoot good points while moving is a must in Open if I'm going to hang with the big dogs.

Went to the range tonight. Worked more shooting on the move drills. I am really getting the hang of it. Its not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I've found that being super smooth with my lower body really helps keep the dot steady.

The next practice will be cross body shooting on the move. I find that is the hardest for me. Moving left while shooting a target to the right and vice versa. Good stuff.

Rob showed up and owned me on some long distance group shooting. Yes that's right, he was more accurate with a stock glock than I was with my Trubor. I will be doing more group shooting practice in the future. I don't have any excuses. I just need to practice shooting groups.

Does this mean Kurt and I need Rob to sight our Open guns in? Have we short changed ourselves with your talents?

Great!!!! I'm telling Kurt!

Maybe... ths best either of us could do was about a 3" group at distance. His groups were just more centered in the target. So he got more A's then I did. I'm going to check zero again before Ohio.

It was hard to be super accurate with the 8moa dot. The red dot nearly covered the A zone of the target. I'm almost tempted to put in a 6moa before A5.

Well, the thing with a 6, and I shot a six for years, is for me the sun could wash it out. It could be very hard to find on bright sunny days if the sun hit the lens just right. I did like the precision it afforded.

I know what you are saying about how big the 8 is the farther out we get. But, that's what I thought I had you for!!!!

Put a six in your backup, then play with the backup when you are group shooting. If the triggers are close it'd be a wash. Then, you'd get the skill building without the hassle of a washed out dot on sunny days. Just brainstorming here.

Edited by Chris iliff

Well I've been hitting the range pretty hard this week. I figured up my round count for the year... 7000 rounds and it's not even summer yet.. I miscalculated my round count for the year!

I've noticed that expectation can consume confidence and the better I get, the more I notice what I'm doing wrong.

Well I shot two local matches this weekend. Wildcat Creek on Saturday and South Central.

If you put both of them together, it would have made a nice major match. South Central had some nice larger field courses with tighter shots. Wildcat had some hosey stages and a large steel stage with 40 yard steel.

Overall it was a good weekend. I executed 3 risky stage plans Sunday at South Central. It was cool to actually pull off some riskier stage plans, confidence builder for sure.

I've loaded my last lot of Open ammo for a while. I've got ammo loaded up to get me through A5. I'll have enough powder to practice and shoot the Indiana Section match, but not to last through the summer. So June 16th I'll be a Production guy. I'll probably pick up the Open rig late August.

Maybe I'll just shoot Production at the Indaina match...

Edited by CB45

Thanks RangeJunkie!

Worked on shooting target arrays with partial no-shoot cover. It was good to do some simple shooting drills and really push for good points. I surprised by how easily I was able to shoot the partially covered targets. Good stuff.

Ended the day with 4 runs at a plate rack at 15yes. Best run was 2.78s from hands at sides draw. It was good to end the day with a personal best run at a plate rack.

Practice is good!

What a weekend! Saturday afternoon practice was challenging! It was a nice day to spend out on the range with friends.

Today I shot the Silvercreek match. I discovered that I had some magazine issues again. Pat hooked me up after the match and tuned up my mags, Thanks Pat!

So this week I'm going to hit the range pretty hard. I have some things I need to tune up...