Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CB45 Range Diary

CB45

Practice was good tonight, worked on some speed shooting. Speed shooting is something I've always been slow at. With 5 yard partial target arrays, I was able to hit transistions under 0.2 sec. consistently by the end of practice.

Next practice will consists of distance change up target arrays, draw, and reloads.

I'm ready to go to A5.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You kept getting faster and faster with better points I couldn't believe it! And those .7 draws were very consistent! I wish I could get mine a little lower! I think you made some pretty awesome gains yesterday. 3 position drill with 8 partial targets in less than 4 seconds not even sure what the hit factor would have been

Edited by TrukSnave

Last minute quick practice session tonight after work. I set some more personal best times.

7 yard head box A, hands at side draw: 1.00s

7 yard 4 Aces: 1.94s

Reload @ 7 yards: 0.83s

Boom!

Edit: Thanks Truk!

Edited by CB45

Reload @ 7 yards: 0.83s

awesome!

[no vid?! haha]

-rvb

I actually tried to video that practice session. I typically don't video practice, at this point I'm willing to try anything to get better. I couldn't get my phone to prop up. I got frustrated and decided the practice was more important than the video. I'd like to have the 0.83 and 0.88 reloads on video.

I'm interested if I'll be able to reproduce sub second reloads consistently.

Well I'm all set for A5. I am excited to shoot this match. Last year, I was pleased to finish 2nd B in Open. This year I think I'll have a good shot at finishing top 10. It is funny how things change in one year.

I picked up some Autocomp last night. I will be able to continue shooting Open if I want to. After talking to Rob last night, I think I'll still shoot Production for a while after A5. It will be fun learning how to shoot again.

Well I didn't earn a A5 victory. Shot decent, but not at the level I am capable of. I learned a lot.

1. Don't drop step and explode out of a shooting position unless you wear a shooting jersey. It's possible to foot fault in 0.18s... man my legs are fast. I should be a GM.

2. Don't try to execute a stage plan you don't like, just trying to keep up with the "Jones"

3. Edge shots on steel suck, make it up.

4. Door activators are a trap.

5. Old habits can return at any time. Continue to practice things, even if you think you've got it mastered.

On to future stuff! Tomorrow will be my first attempt at training with the Production rig. It will be challenging, but fun.

This year I think I'll have a good shot at finishing top 10. It is funny how things change in one year.

Not funny to me. You have put in some serious work!!! And for the record, you were 8th in Open, which meets your goal of top 10.

Those are the real deal in spots 1-3, so now you know where you need to go. With your work ethic, I know you can do it!!

Edited by Chris iliff

Thanks Chris!

Practice last night with the CZ went well. My trigger finger was worn out by the end of practice. I have been spoiled with SA 1911/2011 triggers.

So far my best draw was 1.0s to a 7yard A and 1.8s to 20 yard A. Best reload was 1.2ishs at 7yards

I was able to get splits under 0.2s on demand. I really didn't have any issues aligning the sighs or figuring out focal plane differences, so sight tracking was going well.

My biggest weakness is the first DA trigger pull. I am going to really focus my resources on getting that skill mastered. Also shooting partials at distance at a decent speed.

More practice!

So, I shot my first match with the CZ. It went better than I expected.

Things to work on.

1. 15 yard partials

2. Steel

3. Reloads leaving shooting positions

4. Figuring out the different sights pictures required for different target difficulties

Overall I think I can learn to shoot this CZ as well as I can my Trubor. Learning how to shoot iron sights is a challenge.

I learned today that making every shot count is super important in limited capacity divisions. Unplanned extra reloads will wreck a stage bad.

Well I've sent off some more major match applicactions.

The rest of the year looks like...

July- Ryan Rocks Charity Blast.

August- Michigan Sectional

- Area 4, Ft. Smith, Arkansas

September- Indiana Section

- Tennessee Section

That will be a total of 10 major matches for me this year. This year so far...

1. Florida Open

2. Alabama Section

3. Area 6

4. Ohio Section

5. Area 5

Well I blasted 200 rds at partial targets this evening. Wow, it's a lot harder to shoot iron sights. By the end of practice I was able to get consistent A's and/or close C's, but it wasn't fast.

Draw to partial at 20 yards were around 1.8ish seconds. Splits around 0.8ish second. Transitions to partial target was about 0.8s as well.

I don't think that's acceptable. Grrr... this was a frustrating practice.

Edited by CB45

Big things happening for me right now...

1. Should make M in Production on the next update.

2. I've been asked to join a shooting team.

3. Sponsor for the team is helping me go to the 2014 USPSA Nationals.

4. New Open gun should be done by the end of the month.

Now I need to decide if I want to shoot Production or Open at Nationals.

Thanks Ed and Mandy for the support. I look forward to shooting with the team! We are going to have fun!

Thanks Ed and Mandy for the support. I look forward to shooting with the team! We are going to have fun!

congrats...

are you able to pick the open gun back up with reloading supplies and complete the year with it?

congrats...

are you able to pick the open gun back up with reloading supplies and complete the year with it?

Ya, I'm setup to shoot either Open or Production. Just need to develop a load for 115gr jhps with Autocomp, I've been told it's possible...

congrats...

Ya, I'm setup to shoot either Open or Production. Just need to develop a load for 115gr jhps with Autocomp, I've been told it's possible...

What are you more comfortable with?

I've spent 14 months training with the Open gun, and 15 days with the CZ.

Open it is, I think guess the production stint didn't last long....