CB45 Range Diary

CB45

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news! I'm ready for my last Level II match of the year. It looks like we're going to have great weather too! It should be a fun match!

I'm already making plans for next season!

Good news! I'm ready for my last Level II match of the year. It looks like we're going to have great weather too! It should be a fun match!

I'm already making plans for next season!

Revolver?

not even close

Chad and I have personally discussed this and he is going to be setting up a glock 23 9mm with a slide ride dot and continue to shoot open division with this, but 10 round minor until USPSA starts production optics

AWESOME DEDICATION!!

(he is also going to do this from concealment, junk carry rig and try to grow a beard...well one of those skinny little french mustaches maybe)

Chad and I have personally discussed this and he is going to be setting up a glock 23 9mm

for just a minute there I thought he got all caught up in the Lim-minor action at Ft Wayne this weekend........

-rvb

Chad and I have personally discussed this and he is going to be setting up a glock 23 9mm

for just a minute there I thought he got all caught up in the Lim-minor action at Ft Wayne this weekend........

-rvb

it was the growing a beard that threw this off isn't..

well I've hit a couple live fire new par times in practice here lately.

Draw to close target A zone: 0.55 sec. nothing that cool, but a neat parlor trick.

Hands at sides 15yard plate rack: 2.50 sec (1.04s draw). Again nothing spectacular, but I'm showing improvement. I've never been a fan of wasting ammo on plate racks, but I'm starting to like it.

I've also been working on my surrender draw. I've been able push it under 1 sec, so I'm happy about that.

Gator Classic was an excellent match. Stages were a little different than I'm accustomed too. They do a good job of setting up positions that force you to leave on steel. That ate me up several times. Also, I had a lot of penalties... not exactly sure what's going with that.

2014 was a fun season! Shot some good matches and some not so good matches. Learned a lot and made more friends with the shooting community. Most importantly, I've had a lot of fun and have enjoyed the whole experience!

I'm excited to train over the winter and come out strong for 2015!

• 2 months later...

New Year, new me! I've really enjoyed my time off, but it's time to get back to work.

Florida Open is only a few weeks away! I've been back on the dry fire routine, with good results.

I've been hitting the gym heavily for the past couple months. Man, I really didn't know how out of shape I was in. I'm almost back down to my target weight, but I feel so much better. It's remarkable how quick you can train your body to do anything if you put in the work.

I've been able to get some live fire in at some local "outlaw" indoor matches. It's nice to get periodic live fire in over the winter, just to remember what recoil feels like.

I'm excited for the 2015 season! This will be a good year!

Tennessee may happen. I'm still working out my end of year schedule. September/October seems to be a busy month for shooting.

I need to get my match calendar together.

I will be going with Team Trinity to at least 10 majors this year, but I think I'm going to a few more!

whats with the working out and practice? You been secretly plotting and scheming to destroy me this year? Nice Chad...real nice! We made an agreement to not do anything during the off season..now I find out you have been secretly training. I thought we were friends?

• 3 weeks later...

Great Success!!! 2015 Florida Open went well. Finished 1st M and 4th Open. I'm still working on the match video, but it will be obvious what I need to work on.

I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone and meeting new people.

I'm happy with the results, but I still know I can do better. This year is going to be fun!

freakin outstanding job! looks like a tough, fun match.

that upside-down rope pull deal looked like it took a while to get set up... would switching to WH maybe have been beneficial there?

-rvb

freakin outstanding job! looks like a tough, fun match.

that upside-down rope pull deal looked like it took a while to get set up... would switching to WH maybe have been beneficial there?

-rvb

Maybe, I jacked up the execution of that stage hard. I was first shooter, on first stage of the match. I was just happy to hit everything.

I watched some people do the WHO transfer, looked slow. I just messed up the execution. I should have grapped the rope and shot the two targets SHO, but I forgot to grap the rope as I went to the left. Ah well. big lesson learned.

Stages were really nice. Big stages with a lot of shooting positions. I liked it!