Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who's the Best Bond Girl?

First off, I must apologize, I know I've probably slighted someone's favorite. The forum only lets me list 10 choices.

For me, it has to come down to Diana Rigg or Michelle Yeoh. The former exuded intelligence, strong will, sex appeal, class and charm. The latter had a great sense of humor, sex appeal (of course) and is the only "Bond girl" I can think of who could probably have kicked JB's ass.

Finally, after much soul-searching, I must chose Michelle Yeoh as the best Bond girl ever.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the ones you list, Jane Seymour get my vote...you passed on some good ones...and fighting ability, intelligence have little to do with being a Bond girl...all about sex appeal...again sorry... ;)

For me, it has to come down to Diana Rigg or Michelle Yeoh. <snip> The latter <snip> is the only "Bond girl" I can think of who could probably have kicked JB's ass.

You definitely need to watch again Ms. Emma Peel at work.. :wub:

Hell, now I have a headache and blurred vision

Vince, how many candy bars did you take from the store??? :P

Sky :

I do remember Miss Diana Rigg, I'm maybe young, but I do know my classics ;)

The avengers, I liked the latest version with Miss Purdey and Mike Gambitt (was it the character or actor's name ?) .

But For Me, Halle Berry is number 1 and I would put Teri Hatcher in second place.

The avengers, I liked the latest version with Miss Purdey and Mike Gambitt (was it the character or actor's name ?) .

The New Avengers:

John Steed -> Patrick Mc Nee

Mike Gambit -> Gareth Hunt

Purdey -> Joanna Lumley :wub::wub:

BTW, Joanna Lumley appeared in Bond movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Sevice" as the english girl, and in the Pink Panther movies "Trail of the pink panther" as Marie Jouvet (a french journalist trailing inspector Clouseau) and "Curse of the pink panther" (as Countess Chandra).

Rhino

I know, I know....even Dr. Quinn was a total hottie....and the Landau guy on that show didn't have a clue...

I kept waiting for Bond, James Bond to get off the train and ravage Jane under a big tree somewhere... :lol:

but I do know my classics  ;)

Watch out using that word around me, I get the same feeling when somebody calls 80's songs classics ;) .

They can not be classics ... classics implies that the stuff is old, and it's from my youth so how can that be old :rolleyes: ?

Being a Bond girl is so much more than just being a "hottie" and a bad actress. It also involves a certain sense of style that the latest crop of Bond girls seriously lack, except perhaps Teri Hatcher, who brought a sense of melancholy to her role.

The trend towards making the Bond girl an equal to James MUST be stopped NOW. The hyper-liberated female butt kicker has itself becomed a tired Hollywood cliche and I wish Bond movies would not stoop to this archetype in EVERY single movie. Nothing against Michelle Yeoh or Halle Berry but they fall short as Bond women as they are simply hottie female Bonds. But at least they are decent actresses unlike Denise Richards who was simply atrocious. Why even have a James Bond if all the Bond girls are simply female mirror images of him?

How I long for the days of Ursula, Plenty O'Toole, Jill St. John, and Sylvia Trench (perhaps the best looking Bond girl). I voted for Honor Blackman as she struck the best balance between real woman and bad ass. Barbara Carrera gets honorable mention. Bond women should be able to stand up to Bond (at least for little while) but they should not be able to outdrive, outshoot, outquip, and outsmart him.

I voted for, "Izabella Scorupco (as Natalya Simonova in Goldeneye, 1995". Something about them Communist Block women...

But how about Famke Janssen, a.k.a. Xenia Onatopp (Goldeneye), a.k.a. Dr. Jean Gray (X-Men). Yummy!

Rich

Bond women should be able to stand up to Bond (at least for little while) but they should not be able to outdrive, outshoot, outquip, and outsmart him.

That is the perfect explaination of what a Bond GIRL should be!