Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida State USPSA Championship Match

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will unveil the classifier, in all it's NROI glory, on Friday, when the staff shoots the match :)

Classifiers build character!

We are filling up fast. Online squadding will be closed early next week. Please register as soon as possible. I do not know if we will have any walk-up slots available for both days.

I was just counting the targets to allocate our targets for the match, replacement, weather contingent, etc.

Close to 200 rounds including 32 steel and 17 moving, activating, or appearing targets with 3 hardcover and 28 no-shoots in the mix!

Plus there are at least 6 past FL State Champions competing in various divisions!!

Moving and activating targets is gonna be a challenge for a fat old man with a 45 revolver. Forunately, it won't be my first rodeo. :cheers:

BTW, anybody know how a rain issue will be handled? There's a tropical depression coming at South Florida trying to be a junior grade hurricane that could be some factor. Tough to shoot through a gallon size baggie. :surprise:

Now, where's my rubbers? No, No. Not like Chad Johnson, ne: Ochocinco. :goof:

There's a tropical depression coming at South Florida trying to be a junior grade hurricane that could be some factor. T

News this a.m. says Isaac is projected to arrive in Fla early Monday as a Cat 1. Could make flying out of Orlando a bit sporty for those leaving Monday.

I don't think Isaac is going to be a factor. That's not to say we won't get rain though. It's August in Florida, it's a pretty good bet for afternoon thunderstorms. As you know this is a practical sport, the show will go on. We have bags at the ready. The only thing more fun than shooting with bags on the targets is taping with bags on the targets.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't skeered. Been thru a typhoon in the South China Sea on an aircraft carrier and this will (would?) be my 9th on dry land. Damn things seem to follow me around. Just wanted to put the item on the table. Looks like I'll have to bring my backpack as my usual roll around coolers' little wheels don't like mud. Hell, if it was easy everybody would do it. :goof:

What it sounds like to me is partly cloudy and blustery, instead of sunny, hot, and calm with high humidity. FL weather ahead of a storm is usually pretty nice if you don't mind a breeze. :D

That is exactly the weather we expect on Sunday. Like Smitty said, the storm should not be a big factor until Monday or Tuesday.

Still.. bring rain gear... It's Florida in the summer!

My wife says I'm not sweet enough to melt in the rain. Long as the gun and hands are dry I'll figger it out. A word of warning tho, I already have the reputation of being as agile as a Kenworth. Look for me to be slow enough to not slip and fall down. Bad knees and hands and a loaded gun in an unplanned horizontal position is not a happy thing. Consider this fair warning. :cheers:

Oh, and by the way, I can only take the company car 400 miles one way so a detour to Kaliforny isn't in the plan. Bring your rubbers 'cause I'm going to Frostproof! :surprise:

Edited by buckaroo45

Online registration is closed! We will have a limited number of walk up slots both Saturday and Sunday (more on Sunday.) If you have not signed up but plan to show up and shoot, that's cool, but please contact me ahead of time- ckibert@yahoo.com

The stages look awesome. Food will be tasty. Weather will be.. Florida in August. It should be a great match.

Thanks and see you on the range!

I know what you mean. I was down for repairs from last Christmas till about a month ago. I figger I missed some 50 shoots. Talk about rusty. Lemme see ..... the pointy end goes in first. Yea! That's the ticket. OK, I got a plan. Time for another rodeo. :cheers:

Plus there are at least 6 past FL State Champions competing in various divisions!!

And one future... ;)

Seriously, looking forward to shooting with some of you guys from my first home state!

Say "hi" to the goofball repping Louisiana, if you see me!

Edited by Sin-ster