Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aircooled6racer still looking for a lime green grip?

Mat Price

I have been on this forum for a while and if you go back and look at my posts and I am sure your own when ever you have a problem you can be sure Eric is always there trying to help. I saw he was having trouble finding a lime green grip so I thought to myself "self you have a lil skill in this area. and its time to do something nice for another shooter. in need"

Just like the old the old gunsmith that helped me out with just the steel part of a frame He found in his parts pile I am paying it forward.

I am painting eric up a grip if he wants it for free, just one i had laying around in my parts pile its still baking and needs a couple more coats of clear and i will take some pics.

but hey Eric

its yours if you want it buddy

hello and thanks LOL

Edited by Mat Price

Without getting diabetic-ly sweet I'll tell you that Eric is a fantastic guy. He went out of his way to help me on so many things I feel really lucky to have met him and be able to shoot with him at our club. Glad you are able to help him out and I hope someday I'll be able to do the same!

Chris

lol ok well buddy you will not hurt my feelings at all if you dont want this thing. I am sure there is Jr shooter that would love to have it. it needs a few more coats.

The color didnt come out like i wanted it to. This is the first time i ever run this color through my spray gun and i tried it on some other plastic but it didnt come out this green.

This is VERY VERY green lol. also I used a spray texture for griping. its pretty cool. but i am not sure about this color

ngrip3.jpg

ngrip.jpg

lol sorry man thats as close as i could come.

it was supposed to be this color I dont know why it got weird on the grip

1.jpg

2.jpg

and some other paints I did today

the slide and mount are still in phase base coats. It still have 5 more colors to add. This is my cracked slide I am experimenting on to determine what i want on my new slide.

3.jpg

group2.jpg

group.jpg

Edited by Mat Price

Hello: WOW, I just don't know what to say :blush: The grip looks good to me and will match some of my stuff already :cheers: I would call that colour leopard frog green. I remember as a kid catching frogs in northern Ontario Canada that were that shade. Mat if you need anything done let me know. Guys I appreciate the kind words but not sure if I deserve it or not. I am just trying to help others out and get them off the chesterfield(sofa) and in the garage so they can invent stuff and have fun. I had alot of people help me out when I started and still have alot of guys helping me now. That is what this sport is about and it has some of the best people in it :cheers: Thanks, Eric

I am using a metallic hi heat paint that i run though my air brush. It doesnt stand up to wear all that great but so long as you dont get brake cleaner on it lasts a good while and touching up takes about 10 min ( which is dunking the part in acetone for 1/2 hour blowing it off and spraying it over. ) so I always have a fresh paint job!@!! I dont really care about hard chorme and all that. I live down on the mississippi gulf coast everything rusts here in a matter of seconds even the people. So my paint jobs serve to purpsoes keep my parts in the white from rusting and give me something enjoyable to do.

slide mount and muffs are going to get a 3 tone color thats going to blend in to a red candy flake. with chrome out lines and white spash

Hello: WOW, I just don't know what to say :blush: The grip looks good to me and will match some of my stuff already :cheers: I would call that colour leopard frog green. I remember as a kid catching frogs in northern Ontario Canada that were that shade. Mat if you need anything done let me know. Guys I appreciate the kind words but not sure if I deserve it or not. I am just trying to help others out and get them off the chesterfield(sofa) and in the garage so they can invent stuff and have fun. I had alot of people help me out when I started and still have alot of guys helping me now. That is what this sport is about and it has some of the best people in it :cheers: Thanks, Eric

no problem my friend! let me get it smoothed out and touch uped and put some more texture on and i will get it up to ya!

Eric, if you put that grip on your gun and come back to corpus, well let's just say we will saddle you up.

Benny; What are talking about it would match your old pink shooting bag :roflol: That colour is mean green :cheers: Now I just need to put some stripes on the grip to give it that tartan look. I am going for that urban tactical look instead of everything is black mall ninja look :devil: Benny, hope to be in Corpus next month and hope to shoot with you young man. Thanks, Eric

• 4 weeks later...