Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's play What's Wrong With This Picture! Can you spot t

KSwift

It was slow sloppy like I was always waiting on the slide to cycle.

Maybe you were...waiting for the slide to cycle. My old open glock would feel like that with a light of a recoil spring (which seems common).

One of the few Glocks that rock. The shooter has a lot to do with it.

Few? Really? The open Glocks I see at my club seem to run fine.

People who shoot and win with a platform usually put in an amazing amount of trigger time on that platform. This man, put his name, to a certain degree, behind that platform for that match. Do you think if he can get an open Glock to run, that only he can duplicate that recipe?

It is a machine. I run machines, even make machines for manufacturing processes. If I can make a machine do something, so can you. I have even seen amazing things happen with a mill and an imagination.

Well KC did not "put time behind this gun" it was brand new. He had not shot it in a match before, if at all, and had at least two failure to eject completely jams.

MDA

That barrel and guide rod look sort of AIRSOFT ish ?

The mount is for an airsoft thats for sure. NcStar red red dots are only good for nothing more than a .22 rimfire.

No frontsight but a huge bulky adjustable rear sight...........useless. Plus you would have to remove the mount to get the slide off.

That 1911 esque thingy, take it off and sling it. The magwell needs putting on straight.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just bought this open div Glock 17, can you spot the problem?

As for a solution, right now the only thing I've got handy at the moment is an old Aimpoint 5000.

A definite step up, but I'll probably want another Fastfire / Deltapoint here pretty soon...

But since it's already set up like this, I'm not even going to consider milling the slide and losing that FO sight, the frame mounted rail is just going to have to do.

post-40599-0-17486400-1338889090_thumb.j

Wow, I can't believe someone put this together and thought it was a good idea. Going to stick to the OP and not delve into the other open Glock discussions.

Others have already mentioned and I'll add a few more:

Rear sight but no front sight

Extended slide stop (at least for me doesn't work)

Non-extended mag release

Airsoft quality optics mount

NCStar red dot

Threaded barrel but no comp.

Barrel not appropriate size

Horrendous beavertail

Looks like a plastic magwell

Pretty much every change the owner did to that Glock.

We see lots of this...usually with entry level cars having a bunch of gauges, huge exhausts, and stickers galore. What you purchased is the pistol version of a rice-burner.

The good news is, the gun (like the car under all the crap) still has value and can be saved. I can't blame the guy for trying...I've got a friend who owns one of the largest performance parts companies for a certain German car,

and he has that same goofy sight mount and same NC Star sight on his Sig. As soon as I can get to his state, I'll let him shoot my open gun....I think he'll rip the crap off his gun shortly after that.