Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WIN AA on sale 7.98 and a $2 rebate = $5.98

My local Dicks Sporting Goods will sometimes offer a discount if you buy a whole case. I think the last time I bought a case they took somewhere around 10% off, but it may have been more like 20%. So I paid somewhere under $7 per box then got the $2 off as well.

I figure asking for more off never hurt. Plan to hit Dicks this week to find out.

Matt

True, that the Walmart ammo 100 packs are cheaper but the Winchester AA is far superior ammo.

I learned this the hard way at a couple matches. I use the value packs strictly for practice now.

As much as I dislike wal-mart they have the 100 count federals for ~$23 which is a little better that the prices posted above. They usually have 7 1/2 and 8 shot.

The Federal case price is $69 -$20 rebate makes it $49 for 250 rounds. Walmart Federal is $46 for 200 rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

True, that the Walmart ammo 100 packs are cheaper but the Winchester AA is far superior ammo.

I learned this the hard way at a couple matches. I use the value packs strictly for practice now.

Same here.

Depends on the gun. I cant say other than my old Saiga that any SG I have shot ever had a failure I could blame on Federal bulk pack. AA is nice but if bulk pack runs and patterns in my gun (and it does) thats more money for reloading.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading this thread, I decided to try the AAs. The WallyWorld bulk packs I use are listed at 1200fps. I see AAs listed at 1145 fps and 1250 fps on the site I was on. Do the 1145s normally run Benellis, (M1S90) or do I need to go with 1250s? (It runs on 1oz. and light Red Dot loads, but not sure of the velocity)

Thanks for the help, and the heads up. :cheers:

Edited by buzzworm

Buzzworm,

I too decided to give the AA world a look see. I bought a couple of cases of the 1145 fps "light target" load and a couple cases of the "super handicap" 1250 heavy target load.

So today I got to the range with a box of each. My shotgun is a Benelli M2 24" bbl. Both boxes ran fine and my gun is nasty dirty. I really had a hard time telling any difference between the two in recoil or function.

I know one box is not a large test sample but so far so good. My gun has always run the cheap Walmart Federals until last weekends Rockcastle Shotgun Champs, one round failed to feed in the whole match. Of course it was the ABSOLUTE WORST time to not feed. I think Im going to like the AA's

After reading this thread, I decided to try the AAs. The WallyWorld bulk packs I use are listed at 1200fps. I see AAs listed at 1145 fps and 1250 fps on the site I was on. Do the 1145s normally run Benellis, (M1S90) or do I need to go with 1250s? (It runs on 1oz. and light Red Dot loads, but not sure of the velocity)

Thanks for the help, and the heads up. :cheers:

My 24" M1S90 runs 1 1/8 AA Lite Targets and 1 1/8 AA Super Sport shells with no problems. It will also run 1oz Winchester Super Speed loads, 1 1/8 Federal Top Gun and WW and Federal value packs. I have had two rounds (out of 500+)of Federal value pack that didn't feed in my M1 (the crimps looked bad on these two). At 25 yards, the Federal patterns slightly better than the AA Super Sport loads, go figure.

Hurley